Restaurant server job description example, including tasks, skills, and responsibilities to edit to attract top candidates for your business.
If you are a person who will love to serve food to people, you can be a Restaurant Server. This job allows you to treat and greet the customers on the first hand. Taking orders, make the billings, and serving them food are the primary requirements for this job. As the post requires the person to be in direct connection with the customers, it’s essential to have some food training done before. A dedicated and committed individual can do this job only. Serving people food requires care and dedication.
If you are looking to hire a Restaurant Server for your restaurant, you can check out the job description given below to have a better idea. You can modify it according to your will and requirements.
Restaurant Server Job Description Sample
Position: Restaurant Server
Degree: Degree from a high school at least and must have done Restaurant Server or food training course from a well-reputed institute
Working conditions: He has to work in our restaurant in the evening shift. He will have to walk around a lot, so it is not an office-based type job as such. He might have to work flexible hours during any festive season.
Restaurant Server Job Description – Qualifications:
- Must have a degree from a high school at least and must have done Restaurant Server or food training course from a well-reputed institute
- Must have at least five years of experience as Restaurant Server for a well-known restaurant or food chain
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills as he will have to greet the customers
- Must have an idea about the unique dishes of the day to recommend the customers what to eat
- Must be able to accommodate the customers well on the tables
- Must be able to take multiple orders on time and deliver them efficiently as well
- Must be able to handle the tables arrangement and sanitation
- Must have excellent organizational and managerial skills while handling customers at the peak hours and taking multiple order
- Must have proficient interpersonal skills to deal with the elderly customers, the kids and collaborate with the kitchen staff and the serving staff as well
- Must be skilled in using computers as he has to manage the orders and the bills from multiple clients and resolve their issues as well
Restaurant Server Job Description – Key responsibilities:
We at Continental Cuisine are looking to hire a Restaurant Server for our company. Due to the Christmas season, we need a person who can work under pressure and rush hours. He will have to work flexible hours as well. We are willing to hire a person who can deal with the customers efficiently. He must have excellent managerial skills and communication skills. He must be able to resolve the customer’s issues first hand. We need a very patient, amiable and hard working person for this job.
If you think you have the abilities that are required by us for this job, you can apply for it using our email address given below or drop your CV at our office.