Here is an internship sample of research assistant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an undergraduate research assistant, research assistant, psychology research assistant, marketing research assistant, biology research assistant, sociology research assistant, and achievement research assistant.
If you are aiming to build a career as a researcher or you would want to further your education, then a research assistant internship could provide you with the real hands-on experience you need to develop a better scope and understanding of your chosen field.
The research assistant role offers an opportunity to work more closely with your teachers and other faculty hereby enabling you hone your academic knowledge.
There are many research facilities that offers opportunities to students interested in their area of research, however, creating an outstanding resume could be a difficult task, this is usually because of the lack of relevant experience.
But, it is important to understand that you don’t have to pack every of your experience into the resume rather highlight your skills and abilities that shows you have the technical and soft skills required to handle the rigors of the job.
To help you standout, your resume should include such skills like statistical analysis and mention some of the software you are familiar with, like SPSS, highlight your technical and report writing skills, and also be sure to include your communication and interpersonal skills. These are some of the core abilities the hiring manager will want to see in your CV.
To get you started, here is a sample resume you can tweak to reflect your skills and experiences.
Research Assistant Internship Resume Sample
808, Avery street, San Francisco, CA 94124 | Xxxxxxxx | [email protected]
To obtain a position as a Research Assistant where my research, laboratory skills and eye for details will be utilized in achieving organizational goal while also acquiring the much needed experience.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced laboratory
- Ability to adapt to the rigors of a high demanding lab
- Extensive knowledge of clinical procedures, standards and requirements
- Familiar with various research software
- Strong statistical and analysis skills
- Skilled in technical writing and editing
- Ability to adapt and learn what I need to learn in order to be effective
Skills and Capabilities
- Excellent multitasking ability
- A great eye for details
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work collaboratively in a team
- Demonstrable organizational and problem solving skills
Research Assistant | April 2013 – Present
Biomedical Laboratory, Sometown University
- Assist the Lead Researcher through providing reports, pulling up reports and offering my perspective to research outcomes.
- Conduct analytical experiments under the guidance of more experienced researchers.
- Is responsible for all pre and post research activities which include gathering, compiling, and presenting data prior to experiments.
- Assist in analyzing and interpreting research data.
Volunteer Researcher| January 2012 –April 2013
- Biomedical Laboratory, Sometown University
- Performed administrative duties to ease research activities
- Crunched data from the database to draw inference
- Performed research activities according to instructions
- Performed filing and data entry duties
The Sometown University, | 2017
Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry
Interests and Activities
- Vice President The Biochemist club at the university
- Active member of the Sons of Songs – a school music band