Here is a sample of research assistant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an undergraduate research assistant, research assistant, psychology research assistant, sociology research assistant, lab research assistant, and molecular biology research.
Research Assistants use multiple streams of data to find information. They use the internet, surveys, legal documents, and other published research to help the person they are assisting collect information.
Research Assistants are mostly found in the social science or laboratory setting. These research assistants are often undergraduates looking to get credit for assisting a professor in their research, and will perform experiments under their supervision. However, some research assistants might work for novel writers, newspaper reporters and other professions that might need someone to track down information.
Skills Required for Research Assistant
Communication: Research assistants need to be able to speak and write about their findings clearly, as well as understand assignments and instructions.
Attention to Detail: Finding the right information takes concentration.
Critical Thinking: Research assistants need to use decisive reasoning to determine the best course of action in their research.
Technical Skills: Research assistants will use computers to research their information, as well as record their findings.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Collect and analyze data
- Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
- Prepare materials for UW Human Subjects Committee review
- Prepare interview questions
- Recruit and/or interview subjects
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Summarize interviews
- Provide ready access to all experimental data for the faculty researcher and/or supervisor
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project
- Manage and respond to project related email
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials
- Supervise undergraduate students working on the research project (maintaining records on assignment completion, acting as liaison/mediator between the undergraduate students and the faculty researcher)
- Attend project meetings
- Attend area seminars and other meetings as necessary
- Summarize project results
- Prepare progress reports for the PI and funding agency
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations
Research Assistant Resume Example
[Address and Contact Info]
Thorough Student Research Assistant who can cover a broad range of research topics. Adept at establishing relationships with local research facilities assisting students to format research projects on a variety of software platforms and establishing a strong working rapport with students. Specializes in undergraduate level research projects.
- Strong computer database skills
- Excellent communication and networking skills with students
- Able to help students use research projects as part of their college resume
- Dedicated to helping students interested in research to get internships with local organizations
- Exceptional teamwork skills
- Excellent computer productivity software skills
Research/Lab Assistant (2004 – Present)
University of ABDSN
- Planned and implemented projects – Organized and managed multiple projects successfully.
- Collected data from records and conducted basic research – Participated in team research projects and conducted individual research, including library research.
- Planned daily activity in coordination with company goals.
- Took phone calls and messages, typed and completed forms and prepared bibliographies and correspondences.
- Kept neat records of all analyzed data, input data, recorded procedures, and results.
- Reviewed, edited, and recorded relevant material, set schedules for publication and managed book supplies.
- Operated company technology
University of Alberta (B.S. Conservation Biology)
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & INTEREST
- Familiarity with all laboratory equipment and materials
- Proficient with Zotero software
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of laboratory standards and best practices
- Experience with field research integrity
*** This is only the research assistant resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples? See below.