Here is a sample of dental assistant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a dental assistant.
Dental assistant’s greatly increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of quality oral health care and are valuable members of the dental care team. If you have strong communication skills, enjoy working with your hands as well as your mind and want a career with responsibility, dental assisting is for you.
- Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures.
- Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Asking about the patient’s medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse.
- Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment.
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling).
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
- (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling).
- Taking impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts (models of teeth).
- Performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal computer.
- Communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies).
- Helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and oral surgery.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Dental Assistant Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
Energetic and self-motivated Dental Assistant with 7+ years’ hands-on experience in 4-handed dentistry, radiology, laboratory, sterilization and clerical duties. Proven record of managing patients utilizing exceptional communication and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to relate to patients from diverse backgrounds and different age groups.
CLINICAL & COMPUTER SKILLS
- Teeth Cleaning | Dental Radiographs.
- Bleaching Tray & Temporary Crown Fabrications | Instrument Sterilization.
- Temporary Fillings | Periodontal Dressings | Operatory Preparation.
- Model Casting | Preliminary Oral Health Exams | Fluoride & Sealant Applications.
- Dexis | Dentrix | Eaglesoft.
- Biohazard/infection control.
- Instruments and tray setup.
- Dental terminology.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Cost effective techniques.
ABC DENTAL ASSOCIATES, Some town, FL (2015 to Present)
- Efficiently manage patient care, office and laboratory duties within a multispecialty dental group employing 15 dentists and 32 dental assistants.
- Expose and process dental X-rays; maintain patient records and lab equipment; sterilize instruments; assist office manager with patient scheduling, billing and insurance claims; and educate patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
- Maintain clean, sterile and positive environments optimizing patient comfort and safety.
- Built a loyal patient following; frequently requested by patients to serve as their dental assistant.
DEF DENTAL OFFICE, Some town, FL (2010 to 2015)
- Worked chairside assisting family dentist with routine cleaning and specialized procedures, making patients feel as relaxed as possible and preparing them for treatment.
- Gained experience in exposing and processing X-rays; fabricating crowns, pouring impressions, trimming models and preparing orthodontic equipment; and assisting with extractions, impactions, fillings, implants, local anesthesia, suture placements/removals and biopsies.
ECPI UNIVERSITY, Coppell, TX (2007)
Associate of Applied Science in Health Science (Concentration: Dental Assisting)
***This is only the dental assistant resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Dental Assistant Job Description Sample
- Appealing Dental Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- Dental Hygienist Job Description Sample