Here is a sample of office administrator resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an office administrator, office administration manager, and school office assistant.
There is no set role for office administrators because their duties usually depend on the size of the employing organization. The main responsibility of an administrator involves supervising and monitoring the work of secretarial, clerical and administrative staff within the office setting. Other responsibilities typically include liaising with senior staff, suppliers and clients, organizing meetings and keeping personnel records. Office administrators also manage correspondence, complaints and queries, office budgets and implement as well as maintain procedures/office administrative systems. An advanced degree can sometimes be beneficial, particularly for higher level positions. This career is open to graduates from all degree disciplines. Previous office-based clerical, secretarial or commercial work experience is essential. Many office administrators began their careers as clerical staff or secretaries.
Necessary qualifications and training
This career is open to higher education graduates from all university degree fields. Previous office-based clerical, secretarial or managerial work experience can be useful, with the majority of employers preferring 2 or more years. Just about every organization with office staff, regardless of field, needs an office administrator.
Skills Required for Office Administrator
- Good interpersonal/social/supervisory skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Computer/IT skills
- Problem solving skills
- Personnel management skills
- Schedule management
Example of Office Administrator Resume
Address and Contact Info.
Administrative management professional with the ability to utilize extensive experience in organizational administration and advanced office skills seeks a new challenge to improve the efficiency and quality of a growing organization.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Skilled in all aspects of office administration, organization of filing systems, use of electronic office equipment, handling multi-line phone systems, reception, data entry, coordinating with staff, scheduling appointments, banking, and accounts receivable.
- Well-developed communication skills demonstrated through professional verbal and writing abilities, client relations, marketing expertise, customer service skills, training new employees, and the ability to produce in-depth reports and correspondence.
- Consistently noted by managers, customers, and staff for superior job performance and timely completion of all assignments.
- Knowledgeable in computer operations and applications including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, Internet, E-mail, and basic typing and keyboarding skills.
RIGHTWAY PROFESSIONAL DETAILING, Visalia, California (2000 – Present)
Business / Office Administrator
- Business Administration: Responsible for overall operations for a busy, successful, family-owned auto detailing and pressure washing business with up to eight full and part-time employees and three locations. Duties included sales and marketing, hiring and training staff, merchandising and building creative displays, creating graphics for signage and coupons, advertising, marketing, and promotional campaigns, negotiating with vendors, customer service, cash management, and community relations.
- Office Administration: Office Manager duties consist of maintaining daily reports, all accounts payable and receivable, cash handling, invoicing and billing, obtaining contracts, coordinating payroll, inventory control and ordering, daily posting of journal entries, bank deposits, inventory control, developing business plans and proposals, and reconciliation of bank statements.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY at SACRAMENTO, Sacramento, California (1992 – 2000)
Data Entry / File Clerk
- Selected as Assistant to Director of the Financial Aid Department with a wide range of administrative and clerical duties. Performed sorting of student files, calculated student loan totals for reporting purposes, and provided administrative support to student financial aid counselors.
- Answered incoming phone lines, provided basic financial aid information, created spreadsheets, performed word processing for documents and correspondence, operated automated office equipment, and handled filing, data entry, and mail distribution.
DELGADO COLLEGE, Oakland, California 2000
BSc., Business Administration
CARENET SECRETARIAL COLLEGE, Greta, California 1992
Office Assistant Certification
Honors: Graduated with #1 Rank in Class
***This is only the office administrator resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?