Here is a sample of medical or pharmaceutical sales representative resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want.
Medical Sales Representatives are often responsible for a set territory in which they may serve as either inside or outside sales representatives, or independent representatives who serve a number of businesses and sell a variety of medical products.
Inside sales representatives may work with current customers through remote contact to ensure that their product is well received. While inside sales representatives may contact new customers, they rarely leave the office or meet with clients directly. Outside sales representatives spend much of their time traveling and often meet directly with both new and existing customers to market new products and ensure quality of service.
Duties Often Include:
- Arranging appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams, which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular ‘cold’ calling;
- Making presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in surgeries, hospital doctors and pharmacists in the retail sector. Presentations may take place in medical settings during the day, or may be conducted in the evenings at a local hotel or conference venue;
- Organizing conferences for doctors and other medical staff;
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administrative staff;
- Managing budgets (for catering, outside speakers, conferences, hospitality, etc.);
- Keeping detailed records of all contacts;
- Reaching (and if possible exceeding) annual sales targets;
- Planning work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables. This may involve working with the area sales team or discussing future targets with the area sales manager. Generally, medical sales executives have their own regional area of responsibility and plan how and when to target health professions;
- Regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings;
- Keeping up to date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations;
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors’ products;
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments in the national health service (nhs), anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly;
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector;
- Staying informed about the activities of health services in a particular area.
Skills Needed for a Medical Sales Representative Resume
- Excellent communication skills;
- An outgoing and persuasive manner and the ability to deal with people who hold differing beliefs or values;
- Confidence and persistence;
- Patience and self-motivation;
- Analytical and planning skills;
- A flexible approach to work in order to adapt to changes, for example in the healthcare system or product and drug formularies;
- Strong teamwork and networking skills;
- Commercial and business awareness.
Medical/Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Resume Example
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
- Sales professional with a proven track record in medical sales.
- Passionate to grow, develop and excel in the field, using excellent sales and assertiveness skills.
- Objective – Work in a competitive sales environment in which focused application of sales skills will achieve success and even exceed the organization’s sales goals and objectives.
CORE SKILLS & STRENGTHS
- Strong work ethics – High level of integrity and moral standards.
- Communication skills – Excellent interpersonal, networking, presentation, persuasion, influencing, negotiation and closing skills. Works effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Self-starters – Responsible and self-motivated with positive attitude and tolerance.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Thinks strategically and analytically, multitasks and prioritizes.
PROFESSIONAL SALES EXPERIENCE
ABCDE Medical Services Springfield, IL (2012 – Present)
Medical Sales Representative
- Performed as a link between pharmaceutical company and doctors, pharmacists and hospital teams – Was constantly present at medical presentations to ensure thorough knowledge/awareness regarding latest/new medical products on the healthcare market.
- Specialized in hands-on knowledge/experience in scores of medicine/medical devices and addressed medical professionals’ questions convincingly.
- Worked independently and as a team to generate professional meetings with health-care professionals in order to sell medicinal products.
- Set up conferences and seminars for doctors, medical staff and professionals so that this information could be relayed optimally.
- Promoted and presented company’s pharmaceutical/medical-device products at hospitals, clinics and pharmacies.
Sales Market Research:
- Analyzed and carried out market research to come up with innovative methods to generate greater sales.
- Kept up-to-date with competitors’ products and sales actions.
BA/BS degree, in Business Administration
Professional courses in sales or medical field
REFERENCES – Available on request.
***This is only the Medical or Pharmaceutical sales representative resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.