Sales Executive Resume Sample and Required Skills
Sales Executive Job Description
Sales Executive Resume Sample – Sales executives collaborate with other organizations for the sale and delivery of products and services to customers. They also negotiate contracts with the aim of maximizing profits. Sales executives are the key point of contact between an organization and its clients through answering questions about the products or services, offering advice and introducing new sales strategies. Their responsibilities include organizing sales visits with potential clients, demonstrating and presenting products, and establishing new business contacts. They are tasked with maintaining accurate records, attending trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings, and reviewing sales performance as well as negotiating contracts and packages with the goal of achieving monthly or annual sales targets.
Qualifications and training required
Any university degree field is acceptable, although relevant qualifications and technical knowledge are preferred for some sales positions, particularly within medical or technical sales fields. Relevant experience gained in any employment area involving contact with customers or the general public can be beneficial. Larger employers have courses and placements which can give useful insight into the profession. Job shadowing, networking and speculative applications are advisable. Promotional prospects are excellent, with progression possible into senior sales roles or related employment areas such as marketing or executive management.
Key Skills Should be Considered While Writing a Sales Executive Resume
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- IT skills
- Numerical skills
- Ability to relate and connect with others
Sales Executive Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email Address]
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Proactive and results-oriented sales executive acquired vast knowledge of market trends and broad set of sales skills throughout career.
- Recognized for determination in setting and achieving sales goals and exceeding targets.
Professional Objective Statement
- Grow and develop in a dynamic environment as a Sales Executive. Increase sales and customer base to achieve company’s sales objectives and stay ahead of competition.
Core Functional Skills:
- Effectively meet deadlines, achieve targets and work under pressure.
- Company success driven – passionate about company’s product line.
- Accounting-related computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Effective presentation of complex issues.
- High level of negotiation skills.
Sales Executive AZXER, Inc. Chicago, IL (2012 – Present)
HIGHLIGHT OF ACTIVITIES
- Managed the sales operation of the firm to accomplish business strategy goals.
- Advised senior management on best routes and strategies to implement in order to achieve business development.
Customer relationship management:
- Sustained sound relationship with existing clientele – Quantified client requirements through close contact.
- Kept in close contact with clientele to identify new opportunities and customers – Maintained availability for addressing customer issues, queries and requirements.
- Gathered customer satisfaction surveys.
- Regularly updated contact database.
- Motivated and organized relevant market data which was shared by sales staff.
- Ensured internal communication was efficient throughout company; sales, marketing and customer support.
- Tracked sales (using computer or spreadsheets) to provide accurate reports.
- Participated in conferences, group meetings, trade shows and exhibitions to deliver presentations on customer sites.
- Demonstrated new products/services at various sites used by company’s clients.
- Monitored competitor activities closely to identify any business threats.
- Exceeded sales target of years 2009 – 2011: Successfully negotiated and closed new sales, prepared proposals and quotations, negotiated and won new contracts consistently.
- Contributed to identifying upcoming product opportunities – Supported product development to enhance/develop current/new products.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
University of All ABCDRough, MN 1997 – 2000
(B.S., Bachelors of Science, Business Administration)
***This is only the sales executive resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.