Transporting goods is not an easy task to be done if you don’t have an experienced truck driver with you. Most products transporting companies hire expert drivers having a heavy traffic driving license to drive the 16 wheelers. A very active and organized person is required to do the job. If you are looking to hire a person for this job, you can have an idea about the this job from the job description given below.
Truck Driver Job Description Sample
Position: Truck driver
Degree: Driving license for heavy traffic
Working conditions: He has to work on remote locations and on variable time duration. He might have to work on the weekend as well to complete the orders.
- Must have the heavy traffic driving license from a verified driving school.
- Must have at least 3-year experience in any transport company as a truck or Trailer driver.
- Must be confident and have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to meet up the deadlines while transporting any consignment in any city
- Must have excellent organizational and managerial skills
- Must be able to persuade the clients with his interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in using computers as he will have to give records and details of the journey to the company
We at Simon transport are looking to hire a truck driver for our company’s branch in London. We deal in transporting furniture and other goods so we want a person who can deliver them without causing any damage.
We want an expert driver who can drive long distances and can cover these miles in less time as well. He must be able to take the orders and deliver them on time as well. Having a heavy traffic driving license is a must-have as he will have to deliver massive goods at times as well. We will take a demo of the driving as well to make sure that he does not get into any legal dispute. He must be able to take care of the vehicle and clean it as well. We will inspect the vehicle now and then. He must be able to load and unload the cargo himself although he will be getting help as well. He must be able to follow all the traffic rules and must have formal education about these things as well.
He must be able to keep a record of clients and their activities and must report them to his manager after every journey. He must be able to deliver the goods in the intact conditions. Any rash driving or accident on his behalf would not be tolerated. He has to report every hazardous incident to his supervisor. His attendance will be counted as well. We will provide the food and the health allowance to the employee. There will be no deductions from his salary. If you think you can do this job, you can apply for it using the email given below. Make sure you have the relevant experience and the driving license as well.