Sales Manager Resume Sample and Required Skills
Sales Manager Resume Sample – A sales manager plays a key role in the success and failure of an organization. He is the one who plays a pivotal role in achieving the sales targets and eventually generates revenue for the organization. A sales manager must be very clear about his role in the organization. He should know what he is supposed to do at the workplace. Let us understand the roles and responsibilities of a sales manager:
A sales manager is responsible for meeting the sales targets of the organization through effective planning and budgeting.
A sales manager can’t work alone. He needs the support of his sales team where each one contributes in his best possible way and works towards the goals and objectives of the organization. He is the one who sets the targets for the sales executives and other sales representatives. A sales manager must ensure the targets are realistic and achievable.
- Familiarity with all aspects of supplier relationship management.
- Ability to cope with dynamic market conditions and develop sales strategy accordingly.
- Ability to work in high-stress environments and to make complex decisions regarding pricing.
- Extensive knowledge of sales and marketing strategies.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Sales Manager Resume
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including formal presentation skills.
- Persuasiveness, Adaptability & Innovation.
- Judgment and Decision-making.
Sales Manager Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
Managerial position in Sales and Marketing wherein education, experience and skills can be efficiently utilized to increase the sales volume and profitability of the firm. Build a strong distribution network for achieving greater market development by fulfilling the following underlying functions:
- Leading sales teams to achieve sales objectives.
- Identifying potential customers in the market.
- Comparing products and their substitutes based on a range of criteria.
- Managing the firm’s sales budget and costs Estimating costs involved.
(Alternative Objective Statements):
- Obtain an executive sales/marketing management position in a growth-oriented company.
- Utilize business development/sales skills at a progressive organization where these skills can make a significant impact on the bottom line.
- Obtain a position that will enable use of strong sales skills, marketing background and abilities to work well with co-workers and clients.
- Use sales and marketing-oriented skills in the best possible way to achieve the company’s sales goals.
ABC COMPANY – Sometown, RI
Sales Manager (2014 to Present)
Recruit to lead startup of Northeast sales region and manage a 12-member team within $8.2 million, 12-state territory. Grow market share by increasing gasket product-line sales to warehouse distributers and retail stores.
- Increased territory sales from less than $4 million to $8.2 million within two years, exceeding quota by 12% in 2011 and 15% in 2010.
- Ranked as #1 sales manager (out of 12) in 2011 and 2010.
- Fostered a robust, sustainable network of buyers from Maine to Florida, leveraging strong listening, presentation and closing skills to optimize sales results despite previously dominant competitor advantage.
- Introduced new gasket lines into the market, often closing sight-unseen sales of newly released products.
- Demonstrated an unwavering commitment to customer service, adding new customers while maintaining premium service levels with existing accounts.
DEF COMPANY – Sometown, RI
Sales Manager (2010 to 2014)
Managed daily operations of automotive service department generating $12.5 million annually. Provided floor sales leadership and supervised eight associates. Rapidly promoted from initial sales associate position.
Impact & Results:
- Surpassed sales goals by 19% in 2009 and 14% in 2008.
- Recognized for superior performance as a two-time district “Employee of the Month” honoree.
- Increased sales of company-owned paint sealants by 24%, selling $245K in sealant products in 2009.
ASBSD University Cambridge, MA (2000 – 2003)
Master of Business Administration/MBA in sales and marketing
ASBSD University Boston, MA (1998 – 1999)
Bachelor’s degree in business administration/sales and marketing
***This is only the sales manager resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.