Here is a sample of system administrator resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a senior system administrator, junior system administrator, power-shell, system administrator, entry level system administrator, Linux system administrator, and systems administrator.
Guides for You
- Time Management for System Administrators: Stop Working Late and Start Working Smart
- The Practice of System and Network Administration: Volume 1: DevOps and other Best Practices for Enterprise IT
The system administrator is the person responsible for the development and functioning of a computer system or network. Systems administrators develop installation and maintenance of the company or IT organization. Supported by these people include local area network system, wide area networks, network segments, Intranet and Internet network system. They ensure that the individual elements of the system, including hardware and software working correctly. The success of this operation will ensure that the system users can access the network necessary at any time. If there are problems with the systems, system administrators are to analyze the specific problems and correct them accordingly. Even if all goes well, system administrators will take assessment of existing systems.
Skills Required for System Administrator
- Technical mind
- An organized mind
- Attention to detail
- Depth knowledge of information systems
- The ability to describe technical information easy to understand terms
- Good communication skills
- Discretion (of sensitive data stored on computer systems)
***This is only the system administrator resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Resume Example for System Administrator
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
A System Administrator with the experience to lead DAVISCO related to system administration for a variety of operational needs and suggested solutions.
Can offer a diverse and eclectic experience in management systems, development, administration of the NOC, consulting, support, and reliability of the site. Jurisdiction in the optimization of existing projects, Linux monitoring extensive virtualization, software development, the massive process of implementation of Red Hat Linux HA cluster design email/pop mail group administration NOC / SRE in support environments 24 hours and background design Zeigler LAMP web platforms and three levels.
2013-present – System Administrator, A&B IT Tech, Miami, FL
- Install, optimize and configure new servers and applications, updates the existing network environment, if necessary.
- Save and install environment, VPN connectivity environment Internet servers, and virtualized clients.
- Manage Windows / Linux managed systems to perform regular maintenance, technical assistance and the implementation of systems engineering.
- Claim MS Exchange Server: troubleshoot performed and provide solutions to problems with the server.
- Implement appropriate procedures and recovery boxes of letters disaster managed accounts.
- Maintain a timely backup of important data and resource management.
- Help quick recovery of data lost due to hardware or software failure.
- Make periodic performance tests on existing servers.
- Manage and advise on the development of new system design.
2007 – 2012 System Administrator, X&Y Tech Company, Brooklyn, NY
- Installed new server and restored equipment and configured.
- Developed and maintained the installation and configuration.
- Researched and recommended innovative and automated processes for administrative affairs system.
- Identified approaches that took advantage of the resources and economies of scale.
- Conducted daily monitoring and checking the integrity of the entire hardware and software.
2006 San Diego State University
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Application
KEY QUALIFICATIONS/TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 6+ years of experience in the installation, configuration, and management of software and hardware systems
- Highly skilled in planning, implementation, and management of information systems
- A historical record of supporting script development, testing, integration and installation
- Experience of work in providing customer support and optimize system
- Working knowledge of protocols, operating systems and existing standards
- Well versed in Microsoft operating systems and networking procedures
- Experienced in full Hyperion Management, Essbase and go system
- Knowledge of Oracle and ASO Data Cube
- Excellent problem-solving
- Interpersonal skills and strong communication
- Can quickly identify potential areas of change
- Ability to solve problems efficiently over time
- Create embedded communication system that links change positions automated system to support relevant
- Development and implementation of a system that manages the flow of work in an efficient manner over time, it helps the flow of information in a timely manner to all departments
REFERENCES – Available on request
Want more samples?