Here is a sample of IT manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an IT manager, IT project manager, IT department manager, and computer manager.
Gudes for You
- The Manager’s Path: A Guide for Tech Leaders Navigating Growth and Change
- IT Manager’s Handbook: Getting your New Job Done
- It’s Okay to Be the Boss: The Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming the Manager Your Employees Need
The job responsibilities of an IT Manager involves accomplishing the result of information technology staff through the communication of job expectations; they are to plan, monitor, and appraise job results. He is responsible for coaching, counseling, and disciplining of employees; also initiating, coordinating, and enforcing policies, systems and procedures. An IT Manager manages staff by selecting, recruiting, orienting, and training employees. He maintains a safe and secure work place. Maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of an organization is part of the duties of IT Manager in an organization. He ensures the optimum efficiency of staff by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic motives for implementing information technologies.
IT Managers direct technological research by identifying the organization goals, user projects, practices and strategies, as well as ensures the completion of projects by organizing timetables and resources with data centers and user departments. The function of an IT Manager entails the verification of the results of applications through conducting system audits of technologies implemented. They preserve the company’s assets by establishing back up means and disaster recovery procedures and control structures and information security.
As an IT Manager, you will be responsible for recommending policies, strategies and procedures of information technology through evaluating the organization outcomes; evaluating trends, identifying problems, as well as anticipating client’s requirements. You are to maintain the company’s quality service by establishing and enforcing company’s standards.
Skills Required for IT Manager
- Quality Management
- Technical Understanding Informing Others
- Technical Management,
- Data Center Management
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving
- Developing Budgets
- Strategic Planning
IT Manager Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
An IT Professional with vast experience and extensive knowledge in various IT project management, methodologies and techniques, designing, consulting, managing and analyzing IT systems projects. A leader with over ten years’ functioning in TDM, NMS, Soft Switches, and DSLAM/MSAG, Cisco/VoIP environment, LAN/WAN/WLAN network, database administration and Firewalls. Possessing deep knowledge in networking terms such as CCNP, MCSE, SCNA, and CCNA.
Core Strengths and Competencies
- Ability to make good decisions in stressful situations.
- Passion for constant improvement.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and detail-oriented attitude.
- Effective team leader with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to solve all IT related issues in a firm.
To contribute my wide knowledge and experience in the field of Information Technology for: Developing IT Network Systems, System Implementation, Solving complex Hardware and Software related issues, and Development of Applications.
Adams Systems Plc. Los Angeles, CA (2012 – Present)
- Motivate employees facing problems in IT areas.
- Work on protocols such as TDM, NMS, Soft Switches, and DSLAM/MSAG.
- Maintain cordial relationship with clients and staff.
- Prepare annual budget plans and strategies.
- Implement various quality control measures to ensure highest quality standards.
- Administrate company’s WAN.
- Develop IT procedures to achieve the aim of the firms.
- Prepare departmental help manuals to assist staff with IT issues.
- Lead Information Technology teams.
- Establish and installed new IT standards in existing projects.
- Assign technical projects to different team members according to area of expertise.
- Train several Information Technology teams and supervise them professionally.
- Complete assigned projects on time.
- Work on Networking and Firewall along with Cisco/VoIP environment.
- Advise and supervise the purchase of hardware and software and other IT supplies.
University of Minnesota 2004 – 2008
B.S. in Computer Science
***This is only the IT manager’s resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search