Here is a sample of HR assistant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for HR assistant.
The role of an HR Assistant is generally to provide administrative support to the HR director. Such support usually involves all personnel matters, including payroll processing. The scope of an HR Assistant’s responsibilities depends greatly on the overall size of the organization. Regardless of scope, the assistant is usually directly responsible for performing customer service functions, such as handling employee questions and requests.
HR assistants are involved with nearly all programs and services that relate to a company’s human resources division. Their work, which is often decidedly administrative in nature, involves documenting grievances, terminations, absences, performance reports, and compensation and benefits information.
Beyond administrative duties, however, HR assistants are also often involved in recruiting, hiring, and training new employees. Typical tasks, therefore, include posting job openings, gathering information on new applicants, contacting references, and informing employees of their hiring status. These members of the HR team are also often responsible for handling everything from scheduling the office holiday party to handling travel arrangements for company executives.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A HR Assistant Resume
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Good administrative and IT skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Highly organized.
- Diplomatic and objective.
HR Assistant Resume Sample
Address/ Contact Info
Dedicated and top-performing professional seeking to apply in-progress human resources degree and proven interpersonal, organization, and administrative skills to and integral HR position. Recognized for strong communication skills with a customer service mind-set; able to establish genuine rapport, diffuse tense situations, and interact with individuals and groups at all organizational levels.
- Human Resource Polices
- Employment/Labour Laws
- Confidential Record Keeping
- Computer Literacy
- Office Administration
- Internet Research
- Payroll Processing
- Report Writing
- Data Entry
- Typing: 69 wpm
ABC COMPANY, LEXINGTON, KY (20xx – Present)
Human Resources Assistant
- Direct all HR functions for three divisions of this company with approximately 40 employees and 125 independent contractors. Plan, develop and implement all HR strategies and policies. Recruit, interview and hire new employees. Perform background checks. Advice all trained managers on disciplinary, performance and termination procedure.
- Develop complete HR procedural manual from concept to finish, encompassing hiring, termination, disciplinary actions. Unemployment workers’ compensation and benefit administration.
- Brought the company into compliance regarding exempt/non-exempt classification
- Revamped personal filling methods into a four-tiered system to comply with federal and state regulations.
- Train accounting department personnel on ADP payroll procedures.
- Won several court cases as the company representatives at the unemployment hearing.
- Collaborate with the CEO and the COO to create wage and salary standards for all positions.
BCD ENTERPRISES, LEXINGTON, KY (20xx – 20xx)
Human Resources Assistant
Team with department managers to ensure optimal staffing levels and coach managers on how to conduct termination conversations with employees. Recruit/interview applicants, conduct new hire orientation, maintain payroll records, and field employee question s on benefits and payroll.
- Acted as HR manager during 9/12 overseeing the King of Prussia store and partner with the store manager to inform employees of pending downsizing.
- Won the All Star Award for consistent outstanding service.
- Suggested and coordinate a mandatory sexual harassment prevention seminar.
- Created a new health-care contract with an existing career for on division’s employees.
BCD INCORPORATED, LEXINGTON, KY (20xx – 20xx)
Human Resources Assistant
- Prepared casework and administrative records for position management and classification support. Performed pre-adjudicatory and pre-release assessments. Provided intake services for new inmates including reception, referrals processing, crisis assessment, and detention screening. Arranged for short-term, long-term and emergency placement.
- Advised management on strategies and special programs that emphasize affirmative action in placement.
- Liaised with community including schools, human services agencies and volunteer organization.
XYZ UNIVERSITY, LEXINGTON, KY (20xx – 20xx)
Bachelor in Science in Human Resources Management
REFERENCES – Available on Request
***This is only the HR assistant resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Teacher Assistant Job Description Sample
- Dental Assistant Job Description Sample
- Medical Assistant Job Description Sample