Bank Teller job description example, including tasks, skills, and responsibilities to edit to attract top candidates for your business.
The bank teller is a responsible worker of a bank who is considered the “front line” of any banking company, representing the institution in a positive way. The staff working under this profile is a professional in handling cash. They shoulder the responsibility of recognizing and stopping any fraudulent transactions happening within the organization, which could be in the form of falsified documents, check kiting, counterfeit checks, revised checks, identity theft, wire transfer fraud, trust tricks etc.
Most of the time, they are the first point of contact for all clients entering a financial institution. Each institution has a billing system that enables these professionals to provide banking services to their clients. Some of the general tasks they handle include payment collection, deposit handling, remuneration research, money ordering and checking orders, computing and regulating cash drawers and customer problem-solving.
Customer Service is one of the major tasks that bank teller need to gain excellence in accelerating and expanding customer solutions through fast execution and accurate banking transactions and accurately setting the client’s financial information goals. Some banks insist on recognizing their reference prospects for their latest products and services that meet the customer’s financial needs. In addition, accounting and tally skills are important in this area. The personnel must be able to account for cash shortages (if any) to effectively control the status and recognize the daily count; In other words, find the right balance between cash deposit and cash withdrawals.
Bank Teller Job Description – Main Duties And Responsibilities
- The bank teller receive and count working cash at the beginning of the shift
- Identify clients, validate and cash checks
- Accept cash and check for deposit and check the accuracy of the deposit slip
- Processing of cash withdrawal
- Performing specific duties such as preparing cashier’s checks, personal check-outs, issuing traveler’s checks and currency exchange
- Providing services to clients such as ordering for bank card and checks
- Receiving and checking payments on loans, mortgages, and payment for utility bills
- Recording all transactions quickly, accurately and in accordance with banking procedures
- Balancing currency, cash and checks in the cash drawer at the end of each shift
- Answering inquiries about accounting and savings accounts and other related banks products
- Solving problems and issues with customer’s accounts
- Start and open new accounts
- Explain, advise and promote banking products and services to clients
- Identify recommendation/referral opportunities and make relevant recommendations/referral
- Ensuring acquiescence with all internal controls and established rules and procedures
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- It is advisable to have administrative experience, cash handling, sales or customer service
- Knowledge of the principle of customer service
- Relevant computer skills
- On-the-job training is usually provided
Bank Teller Job Description – Key Skills
- Strong numerical competence
- Good Listening and Communication Skills
- Orientation towards customer service
- Precision and attention to details
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Honesty and integrity
- Stress tolerance
Bank Teller Job Description Sample
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search