Here is a sample of chief financial officer (CFO) resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a chief financial officer (CFO).
Running a successful business is a job that is full of stress as it is without the added pressure of trying to make sure that you are making good decisions. Hiring a chief financial officer is a good idea if you want help in making your business as successful as possible. It is expected by most people that they do whatever it takes to make their company a success. Many of the most successful companies are not the biggest, in fact many of them are midsized that only make up to about $75 million per year.
A chief financial officer is typically someone that has the qualifications of a CPA and has also perhaps had additional education and has an MBA or similar. Deciding to hire a chief financial officer is easy when you think about all the benefits you can gain from having one on your side. They are there to help you get your business on track if it needs it as well as help you with financing, reports and figuring out where you cash flow is going and where it should be going.
Hiring a chief financial officer is also a good idea if you are considering getting out of business and need help executing a successful exit strategy. If you want to try to sell your business without losing very much money they can help you decide what to do. If your business closing is unexpected or unwanted it can be a very emotional time.
No matter what the circumstances are, your business can benefit from the help of a chief financial officer because they have so much experience and can bring so much knowledge to your company. A chief financial officer only wants to help you make your business as successful as it can be so don’t be afraid to bring one on.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Must become analytics wizards.
- Must manage an increasing amount of risk.
- Must adapt to new technology.
- Must become better at managing people.
- Guide decisions in a politically charged atmosphere.
- Manage big data as a large part of business operations.
- Make effective decisions with analytics from outside of the enterprise.
- Need to understand business drives and the underlying non-financial information that drives the financials of their company.
- Hiring decisions will become a major part of the job for future CFOs.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Resume Sample
Address / Contact Info
Highly accomplished, result-oriented senior accounting and financial management executive with over 13 years of progressive experience in finance and operation management within start-ups and global multi-billion dollar organizations. Ability to streamline business operations the drive growth and increase efficiency and controls and process in addition to productivity improvement and change management. Possesses solid leadership communication and interpersonal skills to establish rapport with all levels of staff and management.
- Accounting & Financial Management.
- Controllership & Decision Support.
- Business Planning Analysis.
- Growth Strategy & Development.
- Performance Measurement.
- Global Operation Efficiency.
- Financial Analysis & Reporting.
- Resource Management.
ABC CORPORATION, NEW YORK, NY (20xx – Present)
Chief Financial Officer
- Direct finance team of 90 encompassing controllership, Business Operations, Design Support, Financial Planning and Analysis, Sales Reporting, Real Estate, Business System and Legal within 1,500 employee region.
- Implement sales effectiveness initiative and drove rollout of salesforce.com
- Achieve double digit growth in 12 of 17 countries including Japan, Australia, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, India, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Indonesia and the Philippines.
- Achieve $20 million saving annually and improvement in 1% for four consecutive years by off shoring.
- Provide automated, real-time sales forecast reporting with significantly improved accuracy results.
- Result financial month-end close cycle time by more than 75% from 2 weeks to 3 days.
XYZ CIRCUIT, NEW YORK, NY (20xx – 20xx)
Chief Financial Officer
- Owned and delivered a 5-year strategic plan, including new product launches which have come to fruition.
- Reduced obsolesce risk of $40M via weekly meeting to sell of product using different strategies.
- Designed, implemented and tracked a model outlining foreign exchange implications on the delivery of USD result.
- Developed a model to deploy strategic plans and annual budgets by country for long term planning purposes.
- Oversaw a $10M data budget, including syndicated partner and twenty vendor relationships.
XYZ UNIVERSITY, GARDENA, CA, 20xx 20xx
MASTER IN ECONOMICS
- Graduated with Honors
- Member of the Honors Society
REFERENCES – Available on Request
***This is only the chief financial officer (CFO) resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?