Here is a sample of hotel manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an assistant hotel manager, hotel manager, hotel and restaurant management, hotel operations manager, motel manager, accommodation manager, and general manager.
Hotel manager is someone who is largely responsible in ensuring that a hotel runs perfectly in all aspects. Thus, someone who wants to apply for the hotel manager position must be ready to take a hold of the many tasks waiting for him. The different aspects that a manager should be able to manage include the daily operations of a hotel, its budget and finances, marketing plans, recruitment and generally everything that is related to giving the customers what they need.
The specifics of a hotel manager job description would depend on the kind of hotel that needs someone to fill the managerial position. The scale of the job would also differ depending on the size of the hotel being managed. A large hotel is usually managed by a team which is lead by the manager and thus, he/she is responsible in assigning the different aspects that needs to be managed to the people in the team.
The daily operations of the hotel where the hotel manager starts his job should include supervising the important things about the concierge, reception, food and beverages and maintenance to name some. For the budget and finances, he should be able to make a reachable target profit and back up it with marketing plans to attract customers. Recruitment and training the staff for the hotel is also part of a manager’s job description. It is also the manager’s job to attend to the needs of the customers if the employees can no longer attend to demands of the customers.
Skills Required for Hotel Manger
- Reliability and stamina are essential in hotel management.
- You will also need excellent numerical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Numeracy is particularly important for finance-related and office-based roles, while
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service are vital for roles involving contact -with clients.
- Knowledge of foreign languages can be an advantage.
Free Hotel Manger Resume Example
[Address and Contact Info]
Astute, seasoned and result-driven professional, equipped with extensive experience in hotel operation. Guest service management and customer service, complemented with broad-based knowledge in conference operations. Interface seamlessly with broad spectrum of client and corporate personnel. Exemplify decisive leadership skills with an appreciation for the power of team to excel and genuine commitment to foster transparent communication among staff and clients. Proven track record of consistently achieving goals while working with budget. Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Hotel Sales and Marketing
- Hospitality Training System
- Business Development
- Executive Housekeeping
- Facility Planning
- Budget Planning and Administration
- Strategic Planning
- Quality Assurance
- Service Standards
- Staff Development
ABC HOTEL, YELLOWKNIFE, NT (20xx – Present)
- Display outstanding leadership skills in directing daily operational activities of a 187-rooms, full-service, market leading, City center property.
- Expertly handle the hotel’s financial aspect encompassing budgeting, forecasting and long-term succession planning accommodating a total property revenue performance of more than $10 M annually.
- Dynamically serve as a coach and mentor to an executive team of seven, accountable in managing a staff of 100, including contract workers and temporary foreign workers.
- Utilize a ‘hands-in’ approach in dealing with all guest concerns, praise and feedback.
- Function effectively in representing the hotel and ownership company within the local business community.
ABC HOTEL, YELLOWKNIFE, NT (20xx – 20xx)
Played a ‘hands-on approach in dealing with all guest concern, praise and feedback.
Promoted guest satisfaction for steady repeat business.
Administered credit card posting, charged back and adjustment, ensured organisation and security.
Improved customer service and streamline reservation procedures.
UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL XYZ (20xx – 20xx)
College of Hospitality Management
Bachelor of Science in Event Management
REFERENCES – Available on request
***This is only the Hotel Manager resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Hotel Manager Job Description Sample
- Restaurant Manager Job Description Sample
- Security Manager Resume Sample
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search