Here is a sample of line cook resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a line cook, lead line cook, normal cook, grill cook, head cook, fast food cook, saute cook, and food prep.
If you want a career in the culinary industry that doesn’t necessarily require formal training, you should consider working as a line cook. Professional kitchens are always in need of professionals who can do everything from chopping and dicing to sautéing and broiling, so you will likely have many job prospects in this field if you’re good at what you do. For those who can stand the heat, the kitchen is a great place to be for a line cook. Should you decide to pursue a career as a line cook, you will start right in the kitchen, although some professionals start as dishwashers or busboys before they get on the line as cooks. If you have no prior experience, you may start by interning, or you might take one of these entry-level jobs and try to spend time with the cooks and chefs and get a feel for what they do, either before or after your shifts. You don’t need to be formally trained to be a line cook, but you do need to be proficient at all the basic cooking skills, so the kitchen can rely on you to prepare attractive, uniform food in a timely and graceful manner.
These are a few of the skills that most line cooks have learned before they start their first day in the kitchen: Chopping, dicing and cooking techniques, such as baking, broiling and frying
Basic knowledge of a large variety of food types:
- Inventory management
- Plate presentation
- Portion control
- Sanitation rules and regulations
Some line cooks have at least a technical certificate or associate’s degree in culinary arts, which helps in the job market, but isn’t required. Many line cooks have simply worked their way up and gotten training on the job, allowing them to move to more advanced positions at finer restaurants over time. Not all line cooks work in restaurants, though. Some also work in catering company kitchens, cruise ship kitchens, elderly care facilities, hospitals, school cafeterias and dining halls, and many other places where food is served.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Line Cook Resume
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Culinary school diploma
Line Cook Resume Sample
111 South Court, Sacramento, CA 00000, Tel: (000) 000-000, Email:resumeextra.com
Creative cook with an impressive background in developing unique menus, flavorful meals, and artful presentations. Expert in motivating kitchen personnel to maintain high performance standards and excellence. Proven track record of maximizing kitchen productivity by effectively managing and scheduling top-performing cooking teams. Highly skilled in establishing and maintaining systems and procedure for ordering receiving, storing, preparing and serving food and related products.
- Restaurant Operations Management
- Award winning Menus Creation
- Staff Training/Development
- Personnel Oversight/Management
- Special Events Development
- International Culinary Experience
- Cost Containment
- Customer Service
ABC RESTAURANT. New Orleans (20xx – Present)
- Work in sauce and grill stations within 50-seats fine dining Cajun and Creole restaurant, with expertise in cooking seafood and poultry.
- Awarded ‘Line Cook of the month; six month times, out of five line cooks, consistently receiving positive feedback from patrols for quality and taste of food.
- Develop process that accurately track food costs more efficiently, resulting in saving of $3K per month in food waste.
- Sauce vendors, negotiate agreements that cuts supply by 18% without affecting quality and ultimately approved by Head Chief and restaurant manager.
- Create and recommend new sauce recipes to Head Chief, subsequently added to menus items.
ABC RESTAURANT. New Orleans 20xx – Present
- Prераrеd аll food items in 30-ѕеаt Middle Eastern restaurant with lunch and dinner services, assisting restaurant in ranking top restaurant for 3 nonconsecutive months in Zagat.
- Trained, managed and guided 5 other line cooks, improving overall performance, service quality and productivity by 20%
- Participated in monthly catering services with 400% guests, while receiving 93% in positive feedback from guests regarding food quality.
- Reorganized and streamlined station’s food process, expediting cooking and food delivery to customers by 23%
ABC COMMUNITY COLLEGE (20xx – 20xx)
Associate in Applied Science Culinary Arts
Chef Apprenticeship program
REFERENCES – Available on request
***This is only the Line cook resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?