Here is a sample of diesel mechanic resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a heavy equipment mechanic and a diesel mechanic supervisor.
Diesel mechanics inspect, keep up and repair diesel engines for car dealerships, private garages and repair shops. Diesel engines are known for their hard work, and because of that are found in hard working vehicles like buses, large trucks, boats, bulldozers, dump trucks, cranes, and even some light duty trucks and cars.
Diesel engines are different from gasoline powered engines, and have different needs and requirements when being serviced. Diesel mechanics deal with everything From routine oil changes to full engine rebuilds.
Job Duties of a Diesel Mechanics
Diesel service technicians and mechanics typically do the following:
- Follow a checklist of inspection procedures
- Test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions
- Read and interpret diagnostic test results, often by using dials, gauges, and other computer equipment
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment by using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, and other parts of vehicles
- Do routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts
- Adjust and align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and attach system components
- Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment and parts
- Test drive vehicles to ensure that they run smoothly
Diesel Mechanic Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
An outstanding individual who comes to you with a track record of diagnosing and repairing diesel systems and mechanical equipment. Karen’s key strengths lie in her ability to firstly perform preventive maintenance, and secondly troubleshoot vehicle computer electronics systems. She is more than able to work in an environment of change, challenge and multiple deadlines. As a true all-rounder, she is physically fit and comfortable working in a garage which has dirt, odours, noise and adverse weather conditions. At the moment she is looking to join a company where hard work is rewarded and top performers move up quickly.
- Driven clean diagnostics
- Engine repair and performance
- Quality control
- Heating and air conditioning
- Automatic transmissions
- Managing large crews
- Troubleshooting ABS
- Equipment calibration
- Medium/Heavy truck tech
- Steering system diagnosis
Heat Diesel Services Bridgewater, NJ (2014 – Present)
- Maintained and performed repair work, especially on diesel engines used for powering cars and light and heavy-duty motor vehicles.
- Diagnosed and monitored the diesel mechanic parts performance and carried out the repair work accordingly, replacing the faulty parts for smooth functioning.
- Performed routine maintenance activities.
- Replaced faulty sphere parts after detailed examination and analysis of the vehicle.
- Documented all repairs required as well as the cost.
- Listened and discussed complaints of the clients and provided them with solutions – Discussed the faulty conditions with clients and explained the problem to them.
- Advised the clients and owners on maintenance of their vehicles and diesel engines.
Advanced Technology Institute Virginia Beach, VA (2002 – 2004)
- A.S.E Master Technician
- California Drive Clean Repair Technician
- California Drive Clean Inspector Certification
- Inter-Provincial Class A Automotive Technician
***This is only the Diesel Mechanic resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.