Here is a sample of desktop support engineer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a desktop support, senior desktop support, desktop support engineer, desktop field engineer, remote desktop engineer, help desk support, and lead desktop engineer.
Desktop support engineers are to solve technical problems on the user’s computer. His job is to make the computer users comfortable. As an engineer, your task is to assemble and install the desktop, keeping all updated with patches and security fixes, and help users to do their job easier with the system. Your job is to train the user when new software or other IT new regulation. The role of a desktop engineer is sometimes relaxed, sometimes complex.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Desktop Support Engineer Resume
- Technical and analytical skills
- The purpose of the organization
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Meticulous and methodical kind
- Attention to detail
- Logical mind
Desktop Support Engineer Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
To get a position as a desktop engineer support in a high-tech company where I can uses software, hardware, and troubleshooting experience to provide the company with a strong IT support.
A total of five years of work experience in the field of information technology in the area of system administration and networking in Windows 2003/2000, Windows NT 4.0-based networks and modern internet technology.
Fast learning, self-motivated, methods of application and technical upgrades in the daily work with a high degree of attention and that it will work.
- Installation, configuration, and management of Cisco routers and switches
- Manage, configure and troubleshoot Windows 2003/2000 / XP, UNIX and NT 4.0 Based on O / S, such as Solaris and Linux
- Great in maintaining Microsoft Exchange Server
- Knowledge and experience extensive network based on TCP / IP
- Communication skills and development team with the ability to work independently or in a team.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in using UTP Cat5e network cabling and Cat6
- Technical and supervisory skills Excellent related to installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Excellent at identifying and solving minor problems and critically appearing on the Internet
- Excellent writing problems and solution processes daily
- Knowledge of network design models with MS Visio
Network and Systems Specialist (October 2014 till date)
XYZ Company – New York City, NY.
XYZ is the largest private provider of marine management global services, based in the United States and offices in more than 45 countries. The company serves a diverse customer base of 2,500 customers in the oil, cruise, navy, container and goods.
Key duties carried out
- Install, configure and manage file servers and print for Windows 2003/2000, DNS server and DHCP serverm, ISA Server (Internet Security and Acceleration), RRAS and VPN, Terminal Services and Remote Workstations, MS Exchange Server 2003/2000, and Web Server (IIS and Apache).
- Administrate and audit system security and network resources.
- Manage backup and restore data.
- Process disaster recovery and business continuity management.
Hardware and Systems Engineer (August 2011 to August 2014)
TUV Company – Chicago IL
The duties are to manage and maintain the company’s workforce, maintenance of hardware and end-user support daily activities.
Key duties carried out
- Installed and upgraded hardware and software components.
- Developed and documented the technical process.
- Provided technical solutions and services to solve problems as needed.
- Ensured proper functioning of all terminals and servers at any time.
- Provided support to remote users.
- Managed the accounts of MS Active Directory groups.
Bachelor of Computer Science [BSc]
University of New Jersey, NJ
Experience of Security and Networking Tools:
- Nessus Vulnerability
- Scanner GFI LANguard Network Security
- Assessment Retina Vulnerability
- Manager for HP / Compaq Insight, HP open view
- Kiwi Cat tools Servers Alive etc
References: Available on request
***This is only the desktop support engineer resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?