Here is a sample of desktop support resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a desktop support technician, desktop support, desktop support analyst, help desk support,
IT help desk support analyst, and windows support.
Desktop technicians are usually the first people to call on when something goes wrong with your PC in your company or the company network. Features range from desktop to remote telephone support to help solve computer problems. Desktop technicians must give priority to the problems they receive. For example, a team that completely blocks is considered a high priority for someone who cannot understand how to send an e-mail.
On the desktop, technicians can also play other roles in the IT department, as well as ensure that all of your network computers supported, safe and secure. They can also implement security updates on each server system and their businesses to make sure that never threatened. Also, it may be necessary to show employees how to use computer programs and the network of your company, and to comply with safety standards.
Skills Required for Desktop Technician
- Problem solving skills
- Effective communication
Job Interview Guides
Desktop Support Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
For desktop support technician position and apply my technical skills to provide a point of contact for end users to troubleshoot hardware and different PC equipment.
Summary of Qualifications
Expert Microsoft Certified Engineer energetic and motivated in Windows 95/98, Windows NT and Macintosh environments with Linux / Unix and Netware experience. Knowledge of LAN, WAN, protocols and configurations and experience in hardware and software technology to a PostScript printer. Experience in Internet technologies, web site design and marketing. Very fast learner communication training, problem solving and conflict. Certified by Microsoft NT Server 4.0 Essentials network and TCP / IP.
- Servers and Windows systems, IBM mainframes, servers and Dell desktops, workstations Sony, HP Workstations
- Windows (all versions), UNIX, Macintosh, Linux, Solaris, Android, Bada OS
- CRM, ERP, IT Monitoring, Corporate Support
- Knowledge of various switches, gloves, routers, firewalls, antivirus software, etc.
A&B Services (2014– Present)
IT Desktop Support Technician
- Provide customers with software and hardware configurations based on business needs.
- Coordinate with suppliers and purchase of computer equipment.
- Monitor installation and testing to ensure functionality.
- Identify conflicts and provide effective solutions to reduce the recurrence of similar conflicts.
- Product and deliver user ID and password for each workstation.
C&D Services (2012 – 2014)
IT Desktop Support
- Visited the clients offices and helped them in solving technical problems in systems, networks, applications and connectivity.
- Updated systems and existed applications with enhanced features to improve overall productivity.
- Prepared and maintained the necessary procedures related to projects carried out by the organization.
- Provided cost-effective solutions for security and data.
- Negotiated with suppliers and oversees equipment purchases for customers.
GHI SERVICES (2008 – 2012)
- Provided technical support to sales team during the sales cycle to implementation.
- Met with current and potential customers to discuss the implementation of the plans in an effort to ensure proper installation of the equipment and network configuration / application.
- Performed troubleshooting and diagnostics in a broad range of platforms and applications.
- Designed and implemented client applications in an effort to create solutions with added value.
- Managed the workload and schedule, while ensuring timely service to customers and sales force.
- Leveraged third concert solution with our products and services provide a truly comprehensive and integrated package for our clients.
- Maintained and demonstrated equipment configuration for demonstration and evaluation of customers.
Bachelors of Science in Information Technology
University of Illinois, IL
- Networking Essentials Microsoft certification.
- Microsoft Certified TCP / IP.
- Microsoft NT Server 4.0 certificate.
References – Available on request
***This is only the desktop support resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?