Here is a sample of project manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a technical project manager, construction project manager, and functional project manager.
Project managers ensure that a project is completed on time and within budget, that the project’s objectives are met and that everyone else is doing their job properly. Projects are usually separate to usual day-to-day business activities and require a group of people to work together to achieve a set of specific objectives. Project managers oversee the project to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
Job Duties that Project Managers Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing and annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Agreeing project objectives
- Representing the client’s or organization’s interests
- Providing advice on the management of projects
- Organizing the various professional people working on a project
- Carrying out risk assessment
- Making sure that all the aims of the project are met
- Making sure the quality standard are met
- Using it systems to keep track of people and progress
- Recruiting specialists and sub-contractors
- Monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
- Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing
Project Manager Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
PMP-certified project manager with experience providing cradle-to-grave management over large-scale IT implementations. Excel at liaising between business and technical areas to achieve on-time, on-budget and on-spec project completions. Able to merge customer and user needs with business requirements, budgetary restrictions and logistical considerations to meet project deliverable.
- Project Lifecycle Management
- Enterprise Implementations
- System Migrations
- Requirements Definition & Analysis
- Project Scheduling
- Team Building & Leadership
- Project Budgeting & Cost Controls
- Quality Assurance
JKH Advisory Services, Houston, TX January (2016-Date)
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate activities of multiple projects ranging in value from $X to $X in the areas of IT, Systems Integration and Business Process Management and Re-engineering.
- Define project scope, objectives, staffing, resources and deliverables.
- Develop project plans that identify key issues, approaches and performance metrics.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones.
- Formulate risk management plans
- Assemble and coordinate multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Lead and mentor up to x project staff.
- Manage vendor relationships including negotiating and controlling contracts.
- Track project deliverables.
- Monitor quality assurance measures.
- Control project variance through root cause analysis and correction.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions.
- Manage and control project budgets.
- Develop and present reports on project progress.
- Maintain communication with project stakeholders and manage expectations.
- Evaluate projects and assess results.
Washington University Phoenix, AZ (Bachelor of Arts in Construction Management) – May 2006
***This is only the project manager resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?