Here is a sample of dental hygienist resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a dental hygienist.
Dental Hygienists are present in dentistry offices and provide basic dental care services. Responsibilities listed on a Dental Hygienist resume sample are cleaning patient’s teeth, offering dental hygiene advice, identifying oral health issues, referring to the dentist when necessary, and sterilizing medical equipments and instruments. Those interested in a Dental Hygienist degree should demonstrate throughout their resumes basic dentistry expertise, dexterity, strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to details, and teamwork. An Associate’s Degree and licensure are required to candidates for a Dental Hygienist role.
Job Duties That Dental Hygienists Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Patient screening procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse.
- Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Removing calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth.
- Applying preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides).
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
- (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling).
- Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health.
- Making impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts (models of teeth used by dentists to evaluate patient treatment needs).
- Performing documentation and office management activities.
Dental Hygienist Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Dedicated and sympathetic Dental Hygienist with a strong record of safe and professional patient service. Adept at minimizing discomfort for pediatric dental patients and providing clear explanations for unpleasant procedures. Able to multitask effectively and accurately in coordination with dentists and other medical staff.
- Oral Hygiene
- Vizilite & Velscope
- Equipment Maintenance
- Dental impressions
- Tooth Restoration
- Orthodontic Bands
- Surgical Assistance
- Periodontal Packs Application
- Root Planning
- Nutrition for Oral Health
- OSHA Standards
IMPRESSIONISTS, Williston, ND (2015 to Present)
- Revamp the dental examination room by suggesting and setting up modern dental care and diagnosis equipment.
- Reduce paperwork by 60% through converting all patient records into an electronic form.
- Prepare dental examination rooms by ensuring that all needed instruments and equipment are available.
- Interview patients to determine oral health history and take notes of significant events.
- Examine patients to decipher their need for oral hygiene and dental procedures.
- Document all findings in patients’ files and consult with dentists to determine course of action.
- Assist dentists by taking x-rays of the mouth and dental impressions for mouth guards and braces.
KOOL SMILES – Killeen, TX (2002 -2012)
- Reined in a marathon dental surgery (in an assistantship role) which lasted 9 hours.
- Trained 15 dental assistants in handling chairside work including placing and removing periodontal dressings and temporary fillings and using x-ray machines.
- Removed hard and soft deposits from tooth surfaces and handle root planning and periodontal scaling activities.
- Administered local anesthesia to ensure pain control during surgical procedures.
- Installed and removeed fillings and periodontal dressings.
- Educated patients by providing them with information on dental care and prevention of tooth and gum diseases.
- Discussed nutrition plans with dentists and provide individual patients with focused information on what to ingest after dental procedures or surgeries.
SOME DENTAL COLLEGE, Williston, ND (2000)
BS in Dental Hygiene
***This is only the dental hygienist resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?