Here is a sample of hotel manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an assistant hotel manager, hotel manager, restaurant manager, hotel operations manager, motel manager, accommodation manager, and general manager.
The hotel manager provides overall leadership, guidance, and direction to the hotel management team as it strives to provide the highest quality in standards and services. In addition, this individual acts as the main liaison between the client and hotel staff. The hotel manager also ensures that hotel and client financial obligations are met.
Hospitality is the most important factor in any hotel; hence, the manager is responsible for each employee to serve the guest of the hotel in a polite manner. They have to look into all the customer complaints, only then can develop the hotel further if all the customers are well looked after. They have to look at the books of account closely and make sure that no customer overstays their welcome.
The manager has to look after the upkeep of the other services provided by the hotels like gymnasium, swimming pool, spas etc. The manager has to personally welcome important guests so that a good impression is created about the hotel.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Hotel Manager Resume
There are certain skill requirements associated with the job of a hotel manager. Some of them are as follows:
- Punctual and regular on his service.
- Polite and humble while approaching the internal and external people in the hotel.
- Courteous approach to all the client’s and staff’s issues.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must greet the hotel guests properly.
- Spontaneous in responding to his clients and look properly to all their issues
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Adaptable and having a hands-on approach to running the hotel.
- Having a tenacious and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Spotting opportunities before others.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Able to deal calmly with challenging situations.
- Self-motivated and having a pro-active mindset.
Hotel Manager Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] [Phone] [Email Address]
An energetic, talented and driven hotel manager with a real passion for delivering a first rate service to guests and maintaining excellent relationships with them to encourage repeat business. Having a proven track record of running successful operations that nurture and grow the business, cut costs whilst at the same time maximizing profits. Possessing the experience and initiative to further bolster a hotel’s reputation and commercial success.
- Financial acumen
- Business management
- People skills
- Attention to detail
- Commercially aware
- Guest satisfaction
- Influencing skills
- Event management
- Managing budgets
- Cost control
- Optimizing performance
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
Overseeing a team of staff and take responsibility for the smooth running of the hotel, it ’s occupancy levels and also its profitability. In overall charge of daily operations of all departments, from the laundry service all the way through to organizing corporate hospitality.
- Managing and setting room rates.
- In overall charge of a busy food and beverage operation.
- Engaging and motivating staff to do better.
- Constantly focusing on profitability and growth.
- Effectively managing the daily operations of the hotel.
- Making sure that guests have a good first and last impression of the hotel.
- Setting sales targets for staff and monitoring them to ensure that they are met.
- Launching local publicity campaigns and attending networking events.
- Making a sure presentation, recipes and services are consistent throughout the hotel.
- Demonstrating visible operational leadership and management to the hotel staff.
- Supervising the activities of the reception staff
- Recruiting staff, training them up and then monitoring their performance.
- Striving to create a relaxing and welcoming ambiance for customers.
- Identifying other revenue stream opportunities.
- Organizing conferences, wedding receptions and banquets.
- Overseeing the allocation of hotel bedrooms.
BA (Hons) Hotel Management, 2006
University of Ohio Ohio
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the hotel manager resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Hotel Manager Job Description Sample
- Restaurant Manager Job Description Sample
- Security Manager Resume Sample