Here is a sample of massage therapist resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a massage therapist.
Massage Therapists help their clients overcome physical and emotional problems by manipulating the body’s soft tissues and applying pressure on sore areas. Common activities mentioned on Massage Therapist example resumes are assessing client condition, using hands or special equipment to deliver massages, stimulating circulation, relieving pain, maintaining records, and referring clients to other therapies when necessary. Those looking to work as Massage Therapists should demonstrate throughout their resumes extensive massage expertise, knowledge of various massage types, good communication and interpersonal skills, and business management skills. Candidates for this job are required massage training and certification.
Massage therapists also perform other body treatments such as facials, waxing and manicure and pedicure although their main focus is head and body massage. To be eligible for this position, one has to have a license or degree in aesthetics or physiotherapy; massages can be uncomfortable for clients especially if they are performed by people who are not aware of the limitation of different types of massages; too much massage oil or cream and more pressure than is required can give clients rashes or bruises so it is important to know just how much is needed.
Job Duties That Massage Therapists Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body.
- Assess clients’ soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion.
- Confer with clients about their medical histories and any problems with stress and/or pain in order to determine whether massage would be helpful.
- Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used.
- Massage and knead the muscles and soft tissues of the human body in order to provide courses of treatment for medical conditions and injuries or wellness maintenance.
- Prepare and blend oils, and apply the blends to clients’ skin.
- Consult with other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians and psychologists in order to develop treatment plans for clients.
- Maintain treatment records.
- Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement, and stretching, strengthening, relaxation and rehabilitative exercises.
Massage Therapist Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
An enthusiastic and skilled remedial massage therapist with 4+ years’ experience in deep tissue, shiatsu and sports massage. Track record of providing highly organized massage services to enhance client’s mobility, better flexibility. Cool temperament and honest approach to massage practices. Special talent for performing professional spa massage and body treatments compliant with the employer’s standards of practice and protocols.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
- Able to maintain hygiene and sanitation standards.
- Positive and constructive attitude.
- Well versed in cleaning and re-stocking treatment rooms.
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy & physiology.
- Familiar with pathology principles.
Massage & Spa Therapy Center Atlantic City, NJ (2015– Present)
- Assisted clients in assessing their requirements, recommended suitable therapies and developed massage therapy plans in consultation with physicians.
- Designed and carried out therapy sessions for clients based on their schedule and specific problems.
Other key contributions:
- Prepared different varieties and blends to fit the treatment required by the patient.
- Maintained daily treatment plans and records regarding the clients and their therapy.
- Created new contacts through referrals and contacts and sold memberships.
- Supervised and maintained the orderliness and ambiance of the waiting/dressing room’s and spas.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
AAA College of Massage Therapy, Atlantic City, NJ (Diploma of Remedial Massage) – 2002
***This is only the massage therapist resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Massage Therapist Cover Letter Sample
- Best Sample Job Descriptions by 20 Industries
- Top 31 Resume Examples for Healthcare Industry