Data Entry Resume sample and Required Skills
Data Entry Resume Sample – Data Entry personnel are expected to be highly expert and accurate using finger dexterity and concentration.This is largely because they need to input a high volume of data perfectly in a limited period of time.
Data entry is one of the basic needs of all offices – from a medical facility to a computer software company. People working as data entry clerks are expected to possess excellent typing skills and the ability to read and scrutinize documents effectively. Since even one mistake in this job can lead to serious consequences, data entry personnel are expected to provide total and absolute concentration while performing their duties.
If you are looking for a job as a data entry personnel, you need to consider the key skills that are important to doing this job perfectly. Your resume should depict these special skills effectively especially where the resume objective is concerned.
Job Duties That Data Entries Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Updating patients’ medical records
- Processing sales invoices
- Entering personal details of customers opening new bank accounts
- Transferring paper-based market research results
- Entering information for classified advertisements in a newspaper
- Tracking students’ test results in a school or college.
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Transcribe information into required electronic format
- Scan documents into document management systems or databases
- Check completed work for accuracy
- Store completed documents in designated locations
- Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Print information when required
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Maintain own office equipment and stationery supplies
Data Entry Resume Sample
Address and Contact Info.
Accomplished professional with 9+ years’ experience in data entry and related tasks. Solid track-record of completing assignments timely and precisely. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and exceed goals. Committed to maintain confidentiality of data. Typing speed 60 WPM with accuracy.
- Strong background in performing data entry processes into predefined databases
- Able to translate critical information for inputting accurately into database programs
- In depth knowledge of transcribing dictations and preparing correspondence
- Familiar with records management procedures and systems
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Effective written and oral communication skills
ABSZ Source, OH (March 2006 – Present)
Data Entry Clerk
- Prepare data for inputting into databases.
- Input data in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Verify accuracy of information prior to keying.
- Corroborate data accuracy after performing data entry procedures.
- Update records and information in the database.
- Compile statistical data for analysis purposes.
- Retrieve data for informational purposes as directed.
- Compare entered data with the source documents.
- Process forms as directed.
- Reorganized the data entry procedures of the company by introducing “Accurate Tutor” resulting in time efficiency and data accuracy.
- Awarded the Comp Award for continuously meeting set targets following efficiency and accuracy.
ABC Company, NY (Feb 2005 – Jan 2006)
Data Entry Intern
- Sorted information needed to be keyed in the database.
- Took dictation and verified information.
- Assisted the data entry clerk with typing activities.
- Compile and review data for inputting purposes.
- Scanned documents and processed various forms.
ABS University – 2005
REFERENCES– Available upon request.
***This is only the Data entry resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples? See Top 46 Resume Examples for IT/ Technology Industry