Here is a sample of professional architect resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an architect, and freelance architect.
Architects design and oversee the construction of structures. The architecture process begins with a consultative meeting with a client to learn about building and construction goals. After the meeting, the architect begins to design plans that fit the client’s parameters and budget and align with local, state and federal building codes. They then use computer-aided design programs to develop the plans for a new residential or commercial building for clients.
An architect is often seen working on their design on paper or on their computer. They often go through their paper drawings with complete specifications which should be followed when implemented. Aside from working directly on paper, they could also transfer their work on computers. An architect could also be seen working on a site where they make sure their plans are properly implemented.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing An Architect Resume
The following are the necessary requirements employers would expect you to meet if you are applying for an architect job:
- Education and Training: Architects usually require a Bachelor’s degree in architecture as a step towards a career in the field. A master’s degree is also essential in overcoming competition. Architects are also required to complete a 3-year internship at an architectural firm and pass the Architect Registration Examination to become licensed architects. They may be required to go for occasional training courses to keep their license
- Creative Ability: Architects are adept at drawing up innovative and aesthetic building designs
- Communication Skill: They are able to present their ideas orally, in writing, and via technical drawings/images
- Technical Skill: They are proficient in using manual and CAD tools to create feasible building plans
- Teamwork Spirit: Part of the qualities of architects is the ability to work with other building/construction professionals to achieve an objective.
Architect Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
Opportunity to enhance design and construction of High-Rise, Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Projects through a position with leading architectural organization.
- Planning and Creative Designing
- Landscape Design
- Project Coordination
- Analytical Skills
- Interior Design
- Model Making
- Computer Literate
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
- Prepare information regarding design, specifications, materials, and equipment.
- Estimate costs and schedules and other elements associated with construction projects. Develop design ideas and create design presentations.
- Direct the production of construction documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Develop budgets and schedules to meet project objectives as well as value engineering principles.
- Organize client and team meetings.
- Coordinate schedules and workloads.
- Review architectural documents for potential conflict with all disciplines.
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2007 – 2014)
- Completed design work including schematics and cost estimates for in-house projects.
- Prepared engineering support for in-house projects.
- Conducted research such as deed or property studies and special reports needed to complete architectural projects.
- Performed an array of administrative duties related to architectural construction projects such as code and zoning research, review contractor payments and utility bills, monitor project budget, and coordinate utility installation.
Master of Architectural Design, 2005
University: American University, Washington, DC
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the architect resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
***Featured image: Designed by Freepik
Want more samples?