Credit Analyst Resume Sample – Credit analyst is a specialist area of financial risk analysis. Credit analysts (a.k.a. credit risk analysts) are tasked with assessing and evaluating the risk of companies making financial loans proposals to retail and commercial customers. Sometimes these guys might be responsible for providing expert guidance on credit risks linked with large-scale corporate lending schemes, which involve millions and millions of pounds. If you enter this profession, you’ll be reviewing and analyzing financial statements, annual reports, management accounts, profit and loss statements, cash and asset inventories, financial data updates from Reuters and other relevant information made available by market research agencies.
Job Duties of Credit Analysts
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Prepare reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity.
- Confer with credit association and other business representatives to exchange credit information.
- Complete loan applications, including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and submit to loan committees for approval.
- Generate financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customers’ financial status.
- Review individual or commercial customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection.
- Compare liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations.
- Consult with customers to resolve complaints and verify financial and credit transactions.
- Assess creditworthiness of existing or prospective clients
- Examine financial transactions and credit history case by case (applications, statements, balance sheets, legal documents etc)
- Complete ratio, trend and cash flows analyses and create projections
- Deliver a multidimensional perspective on the investment outlook in an accessible and informative manner
- Determine in depth the degree of risk involved
- Carefully analyse data and produce clear and objective reports
- Routinely monitor loans for compliance
- Adhere to credit policy and guidelines
- Monitor corporate portfolio asset quality on an ongoing basis
- Draft models of credit information that predict trends and patterns
- Proven working experience as a credit analyst
- Proficiency in statistical packages and financial software
- Up to date with legal, compliance and market risk related issues
- Ability to analyze cash flows, leverage, collateral and customer strength
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Sound judgement
- BS degree in Business, Statistics or related field
Credit Analyst Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
Experienced Credit Analyst skilled in risk analysis for all types of banks and other lending institutions. Proven experience in assessment of creditworthiness of client companies. Wide background in financial information analysis including cash flow records and management accounts. Strong current knowledge of compliance and legal issues involved in credit approval.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong sense of urgency and pro-activity
- Strong teamwork skills across multiple departments
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
ABC Credit Trust Dublin, OH (2015 – Present)
- Effectively assessed credit risk and (current and potential) client viability, analyzing financial statements and cash flow of customers.
- Performed (quantitative and qualitative) analysis of requests for loans and lines of credit.
- Provided customer service support and professional financial guidance.
- Prepared written credit-approvals and denials.
- Fostered productive relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Maintained effective liaisons with in-company department members: account managers and product specialists.
- Initiated changes in credit policies – Ensured policies and procedures accorded with department’s standards.
University of Phoenix Associates of Arts in Business Management (2008 – 2012)
***This is only the credit analyst resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Credit Analyst Job Description Sample
- Marketing Analyst Resume Sample and Writing Tips
- Top 6 Resume Examples for Real Estate Industry
- Investment Bank Resume Sample