Here is a sample of loan officer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a mortgage, consumer, and home loan officer.
The loan officer has to deal with a lot of people throughout the day; they have to interact with them and even have to hear their pleas for a loan. However, they cannot give loan to just about anyone and to get loan from a bank, one needs to have a good credit background. Ever since the housing sector collapsed, there has been a sharp fall in jobs of loan officers, because of the strictness of the jobs, but the economy has recovered and people are flocking towards this profession again.
Job Duties of Loan Officer
- Evaluates loan applications and documentation by confirming credit worthiness.
- Improves loan applications and documentation by informing applicant of additional requirements.
- Rejects loans by explaining deficiencies to applicants.
- Approves loans by issuing checks or forwarding applications to loan committee.
- Completes loan contracts by explaining provisions to applicant; obtaining signatures and notarization; collecting fees.
- Helps customers by answering questions; responding to requests.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping loan information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes bank mission by completing related results as needed.
- Evaluate credit worthiness by processing loan applications and documentation within specified limits
- Interview applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans
- Determine all applicable rations and metrics and set up debt payment plans
- Communicate with clients either to request or to provide information
- Justify decisions (approvals/rejections) and report on them
- Complete loan contracts and counsel clients on policies and restrictions
- Update job knowledge on types of loans and other financial services
- Maintain and update account records
- Assess customer needs, explore all options and introduce different types of loans
- Develop referral networks, suggest alternate channels and cross-sell products and services to accomplish quotas
- Go the “extra mile” to build trust relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction throughout the underwriting process
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines
Loan Officer Resume Example
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
A talented and self-motivated Loan Officer who has a track record of generating revenues through the sale of loan products and services. Maxine is an expert at helping customers to achieve their financing needs and simultaneously increasing a company’s loan portfolio. She has superior communication skills and will always provide customers with the highest level of service in all interactions. As a true professional she will always comply with proper credit administration practices and is someone who is willing to be the primary point of contact between a customer and bank throughout the entire loan process. Her key strengths include being able to meet sales objectives in a fast-paced environment, and identifying opportunities to cross-sell financial products and services. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with a company that offers competitive pay, staff training opportunities and a fulfilling career path.
KEY BUSINESS SKILLS
- Updated knowledge of the banking laws and loan processing regulations
- Familiar with the loan procedures and eligibility requirements
- Excellent documents management abilities and reporting skills
- Ability to update records and keep track of the loan files in process
- Skilled at maintaining constant communication and coordination with clients
- Competent in working with MS Office Suite and use MS Excel to maintain data, MS Word to draft correspondence and other software to manage work on routine basis.
ADED Convey (January 2010 – present)
Responsible for assisting prospective and current borrowers with their credit needs.
- Confirming an applicant’s credit worthiness.
- Researching lenders to find the lowest rate possible for a loan.
- Evaluating an applicant’s credit needs.
- Explaining repayment plans to customers.
- Maintaining effective communications with customers throughout the loan process.
- Involved in marketing campaigns to attract new mortgage loan applications.
- Verifying information to determine if a loan is an acceptable risk.
- Building up a quality network of business relationships.
- Filling in loan documentation and paperwork.
- Providing an array of financial services to individuals and small businesses.
- Negotiating loan terms and conditions with customers and lenders.
- Evaluating loan applications.
- Giving advice to clients who are experiencing financial problems and behind with their repayments.
- Working out loan payment schedules.
- Supervising the work of loan personnel.
- Adhering to all relevant policies and procedures.
- When necessary contacting applicants and asking for additional documentation.
- Answering queries and questions from loan applicants.
- Keeping all customer information confidential.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Underwriting loans
- Credit risk management
- Mortgage operations
- Loan applications
- Equity loans
Central Birmingham University – Business Degree (2003 – 2007)
***This is only the loan officer resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?