Here is a sample of auto technician resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume layout can be also utilized for an automotive technician, entry level automotive technician, as well as auto mechanic.
Auto Technician normally inspects, maintains or repairs any of a vehicle’s systems, from its body to engines and electrical or computer systems. Some employers only require a high school diploma and provide on-the-job training to mechanics, while others require the completion of a formal educational program that includes coursework and hands-on practice working with vehicles. Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification is commonly required after mechanics begin working.
Job Duties of Auto Technicians
Automotive service technicians and mechanics typically do the following:
- Test parts and systems to ensure that they are working properly
- Identify mechanical problems, often by using computerized diagnostic equipment
- Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined
- Test and lubricate the vehicle’s engine and other major components
- Perform basic care and maintenance, including oil changes, tuneups, and tire rotations
- Repair or replace worn parts, such as brake pads and wheel bearings
- Disassemble and reassemble parts
- Use testing equipment to ensure that repairs and maintenance are effective
- Explain to clients their automotive problems and the repairs done on their vehicles
Auto Technician Resume Example
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
A positive and energetic Automotive Technician who has a mechanical aptitude and the ability to professionally inspect, repair and maintain vehicles. Looking for a suitable position with a company that offers its employees excellent opportunities for career growth and advancement.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Converting standard vehicles to liquid petroleum gas (LPG)
- Experience of working on electric and hybrid vehicles
- Superb problem solving abilities
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers
- Fleet management experience
- Long record of prioritizing and delivering work on time
- Committed to learning new technical information and techniques
- Possessing a full set of tools
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time
- Physically fit and able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, grip, handle, lift and carry heavy loads.
- Superb manual dexterity.
- Having a professional appearance at all times
- Possessing a Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Treating people fairly and consistently
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Current driver’s license
- Basic computer skills
- Strong physical demeanor: able to consistently lift up to 50 lbs
ABC Tire – Steinbach, MB (2013 – Present)
- Diagnose, repair and complete accepted service on customer vehicles.
- Advise clients on work performed, overalll vehicle condition, and prospect repair requirements.
- Maintain mechanical service tools on a scheduled basis.
- Operate customer vehicles in a clean and secure manner.
- Support customer relations by quickly responding to customer inquiries.
ABC Company – Springdale, MB
Automotive Service Apprenticeship (2003 – 2005)
- Learned trade while assisting lead auto technicians in all kinds of tasks
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Sherman Technical School Mount Prospect, CA (2004)
***This is only the Auto Technician resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search