Here is a sample of nursing student resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a nursing student.
The job as a Certified Nursing Assistant/Nursing Student may be a good first step. It’s cheap to take the course training required to be a Nursing Student, it generally only takes a few weeks, and a job as a Nursing Student will give you a front-row seat to what registered nurses do for a living every day.
After Nursing Student course is completed, the student will undergo a criminal background check and take a test at a testing center. The school will provide the student with the locations and contact information of testing centers in their area, and the school may even administer the test. The test will review basic skills in assisting patients to care for themselves, feed themselves and stay clean. There is also a written section with a few dozen questions on it.
Nursing Student work under the direction of registered nurses, the patients they care for may be elderly, paralyzed, mentally handicapped, or physically dependent in some other way. Nursing Student empty bedpans, clean and bathe patients, help them clean their dentures, feed them if necessary, help them dress and climb out of bed into wheelchairs. There are numerous places that need Nursing Student: hospitals, schools, clinics, nursing homes, hospices, prisons and agencies that provide home health care.
Many registered nurses began their careers as Nursing Student. A lot of nursing students work part time while they are in nursing school. This allows them to make valuable connections in the healthcare field and get references from their employers, and they can see firsthand what registered nurses do on their daily rounds. This can be a good way for a person to decide if a career in the healthcare field is right for them; it’s not necessarily right for everyone. It requires patience, and compassion, and tolerance, and it’s not for the weak of stomach.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Nursing Student Resume
- Skills of critical thinking, theoretical reasoning and scholarship
- Analytical skills
- Self-evaluation skills
- Time-management skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Capacity to work effectively both independently and within a team
Nursing Student Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Dedicated and compassionate nursing candidate with hospital and clinical training. Highly organised with well-regarded administrative and supervisory strengths. Utterly dependable, constantly seeking opportunities to assume ownership or provide coverage for critical functions. Fully committed to following directions and regulations. Passion for learning within dynamic healthcare environment.
- Team Building
- Critical Thinking & Response
- Patient Assessment
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Process Improvement
- Operations Management
- Cross-Department Collaboration
- Patient Relations
- Service Focused
- Conscious Sedation
ABC MERCIFUL MEDICAL HOSPITAL (20xx – Present)
- Administer control narcotics assuming full responsibility for possession of keys.
- Enforce regulations requiring the witnessed counting and charting of medications during change of shift.
- Develop and implement nursing care plan and supervise patients’ admission and discharges procedures.
- Oversee direct patient care requirement within the Nursing Rehabilitation and Ambulatory Program.
- Liaison between patients, registered nurses and physicians to address problems requiring immediate/long-term resolve.
- Attend Nursing Student seminar program organised by the hospital physician and registered nurses.
XYZ MEDICAL GROUP 20xx – 20XX
- Ensured open line of communication and accurate charting procedure; update computerized patient data.
- Facilitated a creative and safe environment with diversified and stimulating recreational activities.
- Assisted staff nurses with initial assessment of patient upon admission.
- Reported changes in patient’ condition and other matters of concern requiring prompt attention.
- Trained and supervised personnel in all area of patient care and daily procedure.
- Currently enrolled in Registered Nurse Program
Certificate of Completion, Nursing Student Program, 20xx
XYZ COLLEGE, ROCKPORT, MA
REFERENCES – Available Upon Request
***This is only the Nursing Student resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Nursing Student Job Description Sample
- Certified Nursing Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- Best Sample Job Descriptions by 20 Industries