Hairdresser Resume Sample – Hairdressers use a variety of techniques to provide their clients with the desired color, texture and style. They work at salons and spas where they provide a range of other skin and hair related services such as wig fitting and hair extensions. One of the major roles of a hairdresser is to cut and trim clients’ hair so that they fit their face structures properly. They confer with clients to determine what their hairdressing needs are. They also counsel clients on how they should groom their hair and also provide hair-styling tips that they can follow at home.
Hairdresser/ Hair Stylist Resume Sample, Job Description and Required Skills
Job Duties that Hairdresser/ Hair Stylists Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Determine clients’ individual requirements by conferring with them in detail
- Provide information to clients regarding the type of hair style and treatment suitable for them
- Cut or trim hair using clippers and scissors
- Provide bleaching, coloring, waving and straightening services
- Perform blow-dry services
- Shave and trim moustaches and beards
- Shape, cut, adjust and curl wigs as required by clients
- Operate cash registers
- Perform limited reception duties
- Sell salon or barber shop’s retail products
- Provide advice to clients regarding hair products and care
- Provide appropriate post-cutting guidelines
- Ensure appropriate cleanliness of work areas
- Maintain and sanitize hair cutting tools and salon instruments
- Provide facials and manicures
- Manage hair oiling and massage services
- Provide demonstrations to trainees
- Train newly hired hair stylists in a proactive manner
- Maintain appointment calendars and customer databases
Hairdresser/ Hair Stylist Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
A capable Hair Stylist who is passionate about creating new and exciting looks that express her clients personal style. Karen has a current Cosmetology license and is committed to delivering an excellent experience to each and every one of her clients. With her present employer she is responsible for providing therapeutic hair and scalp treatments to both adults and children. She has extensive experience of shampooing, conditioning, cutting, coloring, chemical treating, braiding and massaging. Possessing extensive hair product knowledge and superb retail skills means that she is able to blend popular trends with fashion and the individual needs of her clients. Right now she is looking for a job that will give her a rewarding experience and allow her to provide an essential service to her clients.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Permanent Waves
- Customer Service
- Latest salon techniques
- Responding to guest inquiries in a timely, friendly and effective manner
- Maintaining records, inventories and supplies
- Cleanliness of work area.
AAAS’S HAIR STYLIST January (2010 – present)
Responsible for providing effective hair and beauty solutions to meet the needs of customers.
- Providing hair services to guests using accepted techniques and materials.
- Greeting customers as they enter the salon.
- Talking to customers and getting a clear idea of what they want.
- Checking a client’s scalp and hair for disorders such as sores, abrasions, or diseases which could affect their hair treatment.
- Operating a cash register.
- Cutting hair and beards using scissors and razors.
- Ensuring an adequate supply of towels and sundry items.
- Following customer instructions.
- Performing hair treatment including cuts, colors, blow outs and up-dos.
- Maintaining the appointments calendar.
- Demonstrating hair care products to customers.
- Updating customer records.
- Charging for services and taking cash or credit card payments from customers.
Central Birmingham University – Biology Degree (2003 – 2007)
***This is only the Hairdresser/ Hair Stylist resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.