Technical support job description sample, including tasks, skills, and responsibilities to edit to attract top candidates for your business.
A technical support job requires a lot of patience and resilience in order to be good at your job. While it’s a job that requires you to be in close contact with the customers, you have to make sure that you are capable enough to contact and communicate with them effectively in order to help them. Language barriers are a trouble but they can be sorted out if you have command over a couple of languages other than English. A job description for a technical support job requires the person to have full command over the type of support he is intending to provide. Lack of knowledge is a hindrance in this type of job. Before applying to such a job, make sure that you know all the technical terms and all the processes that are engaged in order to resolve the issue of the customers.
If you are hiring someone for this job, make sure that your job description entitles all the requirements for this job including the main responsibilities. As the employee will be in contact with the customers, chose the one wisely. Here is a sample for a technical support job description at a networking company. Scroll through it to have a better idea.
Technical Support Job Description Sample
Position: Technical Support Representative
Degree: Bachelors in Networking and IT
Working conditions: Office job requiring 9 hours shift every day
- Bachelors in Networking and IT with 2-3 years of experience in the customer support division
- Excellent communication skills having verbal and explanatory capabilities
- Proficient with using different databases
- System handling and decision-making capabilities
- Analytical skills and managerial skills
Key job responsibilities:
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who can work in our company PTB Telecoms Ltd. where we deal with landline and internet services. As the services the technical and customers might experience problems while using them, we need someone who has excellent knowledge on the networking and troubleshooting our software. The skills required are:
- Resolving networking and troubleshooting issues
- Answering the customer’s queries as much patiently and effectively as possible making sure that these queries are resolved
- Helping customers in installing the softwares required for using the devices
- Provides guidance and guideline on using the services
- Guides them in case on operating the machines
- Guides them to a higher technical assistance if they issue can’t be resolved on the lower level
It is essential to have a basic knowledge of the computer systems in order to operate these databases. Since you have to make a customer profile, make sure that you know how to handle Word and Excel. Besides this, excellent communication skills are also required to deal with the customers of various sects and dialect.
As a customer support representative, you should be able to make a complete report of the issues that are faced more and the monthly report should be handed over to the authorities.
Do apply if you think you are worthy enough.
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search