Sales Assistants Job Description
Companies employ sales assistants to work with customers to ensure that transactions go smoothly without a hitch. A sales assistant interacts with consumers to know their needs and helps them to make their choices among company’s goods and services, process payments and promote dependable customer relationship.
The position requires working in a retail environment, and the assistant must be on the ground to offer assistance to customers who might need advice concerning their shopping needs. The working environment for sales assistants is very unpredictable and demanding so the assistants must be ready to get unplanned assignments within a fast-paced schedule on a daily basis. Sales assistants must always be at the front line every day because their duties are directly inside the store. This will bring them closer to the customers. It is advisable to always read thoroughly at the rudiments of sales assistant before applying.
There are three types of Sales assistants jobs:
Retail Sales Assistant: This type of sales assistant works in stores such as a boutique or a chain supermarket.
Pharmacy Sales Assistant: Sales assistants work hand-in-hand with pharmacy technicians inside pharmacy stores. They dispense medication under the strict scrutiny of a registered pharmacist. Vacancies for sales assistants can be found in a pharmacy or hospital setting, and roles include dispensing assistant and dispenser.
Internal Sales & Purchasing Assistant: This involves working in the hospitality sector. Responsibilities include contributions to the commercial and purchasing techniques. The job also involves developing brand development. This is a role reserved for employees with a lot of experience or with relevant qualifications in the hospitality sector.
Deli Assistant: Sales representatives work in a food and beverage retail stores, and they need outstanding customer service skills. Personal hygiene is also important because they will be handling food.
Job seekers and vivacious individuals who like helping people in sorting out their shopping issues can apply for the job as a sales assistant.
Sales Assistant Job Description Sample
Position: Sales assistant
Education: An NFQ Level 5 Certificate from a reputable course. A bachelor’s degree qualification in a relevant field of marketing.
Working condition: Has to work in front lines inside the stores most times
- Must have a warm personality and possess exemplary knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Adequate skills in the operation of computer systems and relevant machines to sales sector.
- Must have an attractive literacy and numeracy skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a similar field will be favorable.
- Must have at least two years’ sales support experience
- Must be proficient in Salesforce platform
- A vast knowledge of MS Office suite is recommended
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Required to advise and serve customers
- Responsible for processing payments.
- Assist customers to help them find what they need.
- Ensuring accurate maintenance of stock levels.
- Responsible for creating campaigns on store cards or bonanzas.
- Feeding clients with information on pricing and accessible products.
- Required to organize window displays.
- Handling customer complaints.