Here is a sample of truck driver resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want.
A truck driver is a person who makes his living as a truck driver (usually a semi-trailer truck, van or truck for loading/unloading goods).
The truck driver is someone who makes his living driving a truck, transport of goods and materials in the country. Usually, they go to centers of plant distribution and retail sale or production work at any time of day or night. They provide an important service for developed societies. While trucks are not an option for everyone career, for some it can be a great way to work and live. To really enjoy the work, however, you have to enjoy the “lifestyle” of life on the road, because the replacement is actually more of a life that is typical for the job.
Truck drivers were transferred to moving across the trailer traveling locally or from one country to another. Nearly all drivers do as drivers on the road (OTR), which basically means driving long distances and be gone two to three weeks at a time. The driver must know how to connect/disconnect a taxi trailers and learn some basic repair techniques (e.g how to change a tire). However, the company generally roadside assistance for heavy vehicles can be sent to place the truck if the driver cannot drive safely for service of trucks.
Skills Required for Truck Driver
- Stay on schedule
- Set to unforeseen circumstances
- Attention to detail
- Avoid preventable accidents
- The basic mathematics knowledge
- Clean driving record
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL)
Example of Truck Driver Resume
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
Reliable and discreet truck with a CDL Class A and 9+ years of driving experience Truck / Trailer driver progressive. Join delivery truck driving on long routes, record and perform minor repairs on various types of trucks. An outgoing person dealing with clients and colleagues in a respectful and professional manner. Perfect knowledge of Information about traffic laws.
- Excellent knowledge of the truck.
- Knowledge of transmission and receiving system.
- Exceptional understanding of the capabilities of the card.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work without assistance for long.
2008 – Present, Truck Driver
A&B Logistics Transport, Miami, FL
- Delivery of objects [A, B, C], to ensure that supplies are adequate transported from one place to another. – Learn GPS routes to judge the best way to get to my destination.
- Make sure that the storage and packaging of supplies before the deliveries are safe for transportation – found that suppliers supply the exact quantity and quality, and subsequently charged for products/goods on the truck.
- Adequate cleaning of the interior/exterior of the truck at all times.
- Report all supervisors’ shortcomings – supervise the performance of the vehicle in order to avoid the possibility of breaks in the middle of transmission, resulting in huge losses. said the trucks were in good condition and working before starting the journey.
- Hold the truck in good condition maintenance schedule and timely repairs.
- Document all important details and fuel costs during the trip and present to the supervisor at the end of the day.
2003 – 2008, Truck Driver
Q&S Logistics Transport, Brooklyn, NY
- Collected and delivered the goods quickly during the day, regardless of the road conditions.
- Collected money for supplies if needed.
- Practiced protocol client high quality and forwarded all complaints to the address immediately.
- Kept records updated service, supply and delivery of vehicles in individual stocks.
- Increased customer satisfaction by 100% customer to perform fast and accurate delivery under the order.
- Identified and quickly corrected a minor problem in the brake pressure compartment of vehicles, saving $5,000 replacement cost.
- Established and enforced OSHA guidelines for the handling and transport of hazardous materials and chemicals in society.
- Performed cleaning and maintenance.
High School Diploma, A&B College, Springfield, OH
REFERENCES: Available on request
***This is only the truck driver resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search