Marketing Manager Job Description
The marketing manager A.K.A the C.E.O of the product is an essential role in an organization; more often in a technology company. The marketing manager has some roles similar to those of a brand manager working in a company that deals in packaged goods. A marketing manager makes research, investigate and make strategies that are more than “good” (if not perfect) to intensify the development of the products. The activities performed by a marketing manager are referred to as product marketing management.
In most cases, the marketing manager analyzes the market to determine the price of the product, study consumer preferences and the conditions of current competition and such person has to put in mind that he must have plans to react to this threat when appropriate. A marketing manager must also be able to forecast unforeseen contingencies that might arise. Due to the fact that you will need to interact with a wide range of stakeholders and teams that work in your organization to ensure the success of your products, you always have to translate the data you have collected to develop a case for all the decisions you present to your teams and stakeholders.
If you are hoping to become a marketing manager someday, you must be aware that the responsibilities of defining the 3 Ws of the product the manufacturing team will build, i.e., the “what,” “when” and “why.” Marketing managers often work in private sectors, but the truth is – they can work in any firm that manufactures and sells products.
Marketing Manager Job Description Sample
Position: Marketing Manager
Degree: Bachelor’s degree or HND in marketing or a related field, a CIM certificate.
Working conditions: most working hours would be spent in the office and may travel nationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, an HND qualification might also be considered. Having some in-career qualifications like The Chartered Institute of Marketing or Institutes of Sales and Marketing Management might also come in handy.
- At least two years’ experience in product management or any other significant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of consumer marketing analytics.
- Some experience working with designers to design products.
- Effective time management and research skills.
- Capability to enlighten stakeholders and other people across the organization on complex issues.
- Must be creative, strategic and have a strong ability to think outside the box to proffer solutions to difficult problems.
- Responsible for managing concepts, sample production, mass productions, support, promotion, and support.
- Has a responsibility to manage and implement marketing activities through strategic planning, research and inquiries and strategic implementations.
- To convey these strategies and knowledge to all members of the team.
- Must be able to set a long lasting strategy for the company’s products.
- As a marketing manager, you must continually collect and analyze data and business intelligence from every source.
- You will have a responsibility to lead and participate in meetings dedicated to planning, analyzing and strategizing to increase product sales.
- Oversee the affairs of conducting market research to pinpoint needs of users for newly manufactured products.
- You must be able to craft plans for the launch of new products and manage execution of the plans.
- As a marketing manager, you should be able to develop immaculate strategies that will skyrocket demand for the products available for sale.