Here is a sample of professional bookkeeper resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a bookkeeper, freelance bookkeeper, restaurant bookkeeper, and school bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper is primarily responsible for processing paperwork for an organisation/ company’s daily transactions. They record financial transactions, update statements, and check financial records for accuracy.
A bookkeeper can do a remarkable job at accounting for mistakes and keeping abreast of the books so that mistakes can be caught quickly. Ultimately the transactions will be recorded in accounts within the company’s general ledger.
Part of this involves the trial balance, which the bookkeeper is responsible for preparing so that any errors in the ledger accounts can be identified and repaired. Bookkeepers are expected to be accurate, efficient, and knowledgeable about debits and credits, the chart of accounts, accounts payable procedures, sales and accounts receivable, payroll, and many more. The daybooks, consisting of payments, receipts, sale and purchases, are also recorded and carried out by the bookkeeper in the general ledger.
The bookkeeper‘s role may be expanded to include adjusting entries in order for the bookkeeper to generate income statements and balance sheets from the accounting software. Bookkeepers are employed in many industries, including firms that provide accounting, government tax preparation, and payroll services. They are also employed in various levels of government and schools. Each bookkeeper’s specific responsibilities will vary by type and size of the business.
Bookkeeper Skills and Abilities
- Administrative skills to monitor financial data and interpret financial policies and procedures
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles
- Coordinating skills to organize and maintain financial records
- Judgment and problem solving
- Have an understanding of the bigger picture
- Good communication both Orally and written
- Organizing records
- Information and task monitoring
Sample Resume for Bookkeeping
[ Address and Contact Info ]
Self-motivated and highly organised individual with all sound bookkeeping experience. Having an excellent working knowledge of double entry bookkeeping, managing accounting, understanding a sales ledger. Key strength in planning, problem solving, and customer relation, familiar with financial reconciliations, general ledger and regulatory reporting, eager to meet client needs and exceed expectations.
FRANKLIN & ROGERS BUSINESS SOLUTIONS March 2012 – Present
- Perform financial calculations such as amount due, interest charges, balance discounts, equity, and principal for a multi-million-dollar company.
- Accessed computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific amount.
- Formulated, prepared and issued bills, invoice, account, and financial statements with 10% increased efficiency to ensure timely deliverable.
- Compiled with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Train new administrative assistants and junior bookkeepers.
PATTON GROUP August (2008 – March 2012)
Administrative Assistant Bookkeeper
- Perform general office duties such as filling, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Operate computer program with accounting software to record, store and analyse information.
- Check figures, posting and document for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Matched order worm with invoices, and record the necessary information.
- Operated 10 keys typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
Associate of Business in Accounting, June 2008
Available Upon Request…
Want more samples?