Here is a sample of physiotherapist resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a physiotherapist.
Physiotherapists help patients with physical injuries or disorders recover. The most common work activities listed on Physiotherapists resume samples are assessing patient condition, developing treatment plans, recommending physical exercises, offering advice, and helping with pain management. Employers select resumes highlighting a compassionate personality, stamina, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and organization. A good level of physical fitness is preferred. Most Physiotherapists hold at least a Master’s Degree in physical therapy from an accredited education institution.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Physiotherapist Resume
- Good time management.
- The ability to build a rapport with patients from a variety of backgrounds and communicate with their relatives and carers.
- Tolerance and patience.
- Good physical health and fitness.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Teamworking skills.
As a physiotherapist, you’ll need to:
- Work with patients who have a range of conditions, including neurological, neuromusculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory, sometimes over a period of weeks;
- Diagnose, assess and treat their physical problem/condition;
- Develop and review treatment programmes that encourage exercise and movement by the use of a range of techniques;
- Involve parents and carers in the treatment, review and rehabilitation of patients;
- Educate patients and their carers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions;
- Write patient case notes and reports and collect statistics;
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, such as gps, occupational therapist’s and social workers, to exchange information about the background and progress of patients, as well as to refer patients who require other medical attention;
- Keep up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients;
- Supervise student and junior physiotherapists and physiotherapy support workers;
- Be legally responsible and accountable;
- Be caring, compassionate and professional at all times;
- Manage clinical risk.
Physiotherapist Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Experienced and highly skilled physiotherapist with a track record of success assisting patients with physical difficulties, resulting from illnesses, injuries or ageing. Demonstrated expertise in promoting patient health and wellbeing by assisting with dedicated rehabilitation processes.
Committed to creating dedicated rehabilitation processes aimed at meeting the individual needs of patients.
Promotes patient health and wellbeing through manual therapy, therapeutic exercises and application of technological equipment.
Proficient in providing advice to patients to help them with avoid injury and self-manage long term conditions.
Adept at organizing special therapies such as hydrotherapies, electrotherapies and aromatherapies to assist patients through rehabilitating procedures.
- Treatment Modification
- Patient Assessment
- Mobilization Support
- Patient Appraisal
- Pain Prevention
- Wellness Promotion
- Orthoses Fitting
- Discharge Planning
- Physical Health Promotion
- Movement Restoration.
St Annes Medical Center, Sharon, OH (2014 – Present)
Physical Therapy Assistant
- Assisted in evaluating patients’ existing conditions by interviewing them and taking pertinent notes.
- Provided support in patient education by making sure that both patients and their caregivers understand the type of support that needs to be given.
- Calibrated and operated physical therapy machines according to each individual patient’s condition.
- Assisted in performing physical therapy by documenting processes and adjusting dials and gauges as instructed.
- Scheduled appointments with patients and ensured that follow up procedures were put in place.
Penn State University, Sharon, (Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy) OH – 2009
***This is only the physiotherapist resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?