Here is a sample of pharmacy technician resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a pharmacy technician, hospital pharmacy technician, and pharmacy technician communication.
Pharmacy Technicians work in high street pharmacies, grocery stores and chain supermarkets alongside Pharmacists. These employers are responsible for helping prepare medication, maintaining inventories, handing out medicines to customers, collecting payments, answering inquiries, and keeping the establishment clean and organized. A well-written example resume for Retail Pharmacy Technician showcases basic pharmacological knowledge, attention to details, good communication abilities, computer competencies, and teamwork. Most resumes display a high school diploma, as on-the-job training is often provided.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Pharmacy Technician Resume
- Demonstrated ability to work in a detail oriented manner
- Extensive knowledge of pharmacological terminology
- Great attention to detail and carefulness
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding customer service orientation
- Adept at verifying the prescription and setting the price based on insurance information
- Expert in mathematical calculations
- Proven ability to follow written instructions and specific directions
- Working knowledge of the procedures and standards used in labeling and dispensing medication
- Conversant with identifying and analyzing problems and finding solutions
- Profound ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong ability to work in a team environment
- Hands on experience in using syringes and managing other compounding activities
- Flexibility in managing schedules
- Computer: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Email
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
Pharmacy Technician Job Duties
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Pharmacy Technician Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Pharmacy technician with vast experience in preparing and packaging medications for patients as well as managing records accordingly.
Offering the following key skills:
- Mathematical skills for performing accurate calculations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for communicating with customers and sorting out issues.
- Ability to grasp pharmacy policies quickly and manage supplies as well as patients accordingly.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and latest medications on the market.
- Computer knowledge for maintaining database and entering records using a computer system.
- Objective – Looking for a stable and challenging position in a well reputed pharmacy.
- Two years’ experience working in pharmacy settings
- State of DC certification as Pharmacy Technician
- Registered with the Washington State Board of Pharmacy
- Computer: MS Windows, TAO and HEB Intranet
- Demonstrated ability to compound and dispense medications and pharmaceutical supplies
- In-depth knowledge of reading prescriptions accurately
- Hands-on experience in dealing efficiently with customers, complaints and queries
- Comprehensive understanding of chemicals used in different concoctions and their adverse effects
- Experienced in the practical application of assisting pharmacists with clerical jobs including managing cash flow, stocking shelves and flow of supplies
NORTH MEDICAL CENTRE, Newton, TX (Jan 2016 to Present)
- Greet customers courteously and prepare prescriptions accurately. Charge the client and record the transaction details approprately. Order the stock and arrange it timely in an organized manner.
AAADG PHARMACY, Newton, TX (April 2010 to Feb 2015)
- Pre packaged commonly used prescriptions and assisted the pharmacist in preparing various solutions and admixtures as per requirement.
Maintained the stock display area in a neat, clean, labeled and organized manner.
G.E.D ASHOP COLLEGE, Newton, TX, 2008
***This is only the pharmacy technician resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?