Here is a sample of professional art teacher resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an art and craft teacher.
The duties are not specific and may change as per the teaching field. These teaching professionals may provide services in any types of schools and community learning facilities. The primary job of an art teacher is to instruct students and impart knowledge about a variety of skills such as drawing and painting, sketching, designing, photography, fashion designing, calligraphy, sculpturing, and other interests in the field of arts. They also prepare lesson plans and set a schedule for lessons.
An art teacher generally has to carry out the coordination of extracurricular activities held by the educational entity. She has to be well versed in the history of arts to clear the doubts of students if any. Her duties also include making sure the tools and art supplies are sufficient for students to do their practice.
Skills Required for Art Teacher
- Excellent creative and artistic skills.
- Profound ability to encourage creativity in students.
- Immense ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students and parents.
- Wide knowledge of art materials and tools.
- Sound knowledge of art forms including design, ceramics, digital arts, painting, sculpture and drawing.
Art Teacher Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Exceptionally talented Art Teacher with huge background in teaching students in secondary school the practical skills, theory and history of art; giving students tuition in aspects such as painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture and ceramics.
- Proven ability to impart knowledge effectively
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Strong classroom management skills
- Comfortable to teach students of all age group, and ability to discipline them
- Rock solid patience and enthusiasm for teaching
- Complete theoretical and practical knowledge about design concepts
Remarkable skills in designing curriculum and training materials
- Strong motivational and supervision skills
- Committed and dedicated to providing superior teaching education quality
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
- Undertake general teaching tasks.
- Set up and maintain facilities such as photographic darkrooms, kilns for ceramic work, studios and store areas.
- Order and maintain art resources and materials within the budget allowance.
- Demonstrate the use of a variety of art materials and tools such as oils, watercolors, palettes, brushes, palette knives, pen, pencil, dyes, clay, fabric, canvas, and paper.
- Inspire students and assist them to develop their creativity and self-expression through various art forms and media.
- Arrange for exhibitions of student work in and out of school.
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2007 – 2014)
- Instructed pupils in art, such as painting, sketching, designing, and sculpturing.
- Prepared lesson plans and established course goals.
- Selected books and art supply for courses.
- Demonstrated method and procedure to pupils.
- Observed and evaluated pupils’ work to determine student progress or to make suggestions for improvement.
- Conferred with student, parent, and counselor to resolve student problem.
- Accompanied students on field trips to museums or art galleries.
- Directed planning and supervision of student contests and arranging of art exhibits.
- Taught students with disabilities.
Bachelor’s of Arts Degree in Applied Art, 2007
University of Ohio Ohio
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the Art teacher resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?