Here is a sample of child care resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an early child care, daycare teacher, child care assistant, babysitter and nanny.
Child care workers supervise children entrusted to them, ensure the safety of the children and provide structure during playtime. They feed the kids both meals and snacks, working these mundane activities into a schedule that includes sufficient rest and play. They read to them, and with younger children, teach age-appropriate concepts like sharing and taking turns at play.
In addition to individual care and activities, child care workers organize group activities that allow children to learn about the world, and help prepare them for kindergarten by reading stories and emphasizing social skills. They maintain records of each child’s interests and routine, and keep a record of any behavior or problem parents.
Child Care Resume Sample and Required Skills
Child Care Duties
- Observe and monitor children’s play activities
- Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered
- Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting, and toilet habits
- Read to children, and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs
- Organize and participate in recreational activities, such as games
- Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods
- Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas
- Operate in-house daycare centers within businesses
- Sterilize bottles and prepare formulas
- Dress children and change diapers
- Help children with homework and school work
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care
- Prepare meals and organize mealtimes and snacks for children
- Help children keep good hygiene
- Change the diapers of infants and toddlers
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to learn about the world and explore interests
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of parents
- Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest
Child Care Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
Dedicated and reliable child care professional with 5+ years’ experience of nourishing and developing children of ages 1 to 8. Demonstrated ability to provide all kinds of child care services at clients’ place. Strong desire to work together with children in order to facilitate their learning and make them successful in their lives.
CHILD CARE EXPERTISE
- Highly skilled in supervising and interacting with children positively
- Well versed in providing affection and safety to children
- Able to prepare hygienic meals
- Adept at directing children in eating, resting and personal cleanliness
- Proven record of handling private issues properly
- Demonstrated ability to provide proper direction of children in their daily routine
- Substantial knowledge of giving out medicine to children
- Knowledge of setting proper limits and boundaries with families
- Experience working with special needs children.
AAA Little Tots Home, Watsonville, CA (2010 – Present)
- Develop and implement curriculum for children according to age, intellect and grade.
- Oversee children’s intellectual, psychological and hygiene needs.
- Select and purchase books in order to better educate children.
- Change and bottle feed infants and keep an eye on the activities of toddlers.
- Create activities and organize play area of children.
St. ABC Day Care – Grand Forks, ND (2008)
- Set up cribs or mats for infants.
- Served snacks to children and monitored throughout snack time.
- Cleaned play and snack area at closing time.
- Returned toys and mats to selected area.
High School Diploma (2006)
***This is only the child care resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?