Nanny Resume Sample, Job Description and Required Skills
Nanny Job Description and Resume Sample
The main role of a nanny is to provide a safe, caring, nurturing and stimulating environment in which the children thrive and develop. General responsibilities include undertaking most all tasks related to the children’s care. Each nanny position may have slightly different responsibilities, depending on the family requirements, the ages of the children and other factors, but typically nannies are responsible for keeping the children’s areas neat and tidy and doing the children’s laundry, in addition to providing attentive, high quality childcare. Nannies may transport children to and from activities, grocery shop for the children and plan the children’s daily schedule. While some families may ask the nanny to take on additional household tasks, such as housekeeping and the parent’s laundry, depending on the position, these duties may be better suited for a nanny/housekeeper or housekeeper.
- Newborn care (feeding, diapering, naptimes)
- Preparing bottles, cleaning up
- Cooking for children
- Bathing and dressing children
- Helping children with general hygiene
- Driving children to school and activities
- Organizing children’s play dates
- Assisting with language acquisition and development
- Providing developmentally appropriate educational games
- Teaching letters, numbers, and colors
- Teaching manners and other socially appropriate behavior
- Doing arts and crafts
- Reading books
- Going to the library
- Assisting with homework
- Taking children to parks and playgrounds
- Organizing sports and other motor-skills activities
- Taking children on special outings to museums and the zoo
- Doing children’s laundry
- Making children’s beds
- Tidying up children’s rooms and bathrooms
- Organizing and cleaning children’s play area
- Cleaning up in the kitchen
- Loading, running, and emptying the dishwasher
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
Personable and reliable Nanny with 5+ years’ experience in child care and early childhood development. Track record of supervising the activities of children round-the-clock and assuming the total responsibility of home in absence of parents. A fun and friendly individual who has a special talent for handling hostile behavior of children in a polite manner.
- Neat appearance and a very professional attitude
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Current Arizona driver’s license and auto insurance
- TB tested and Hepatitis vaccinated
- Homework Assistance
- Child Safety Protocols
- Formula Preparation
- Diaper Changing Toilet Training
- Meal Preparation & Serving
- Bathing & Hygiene
ABC Trusting Connections, Tucson, AZ (2012 – Present)
- Feeding children at breakfast, getting them dressed, packing snacks for them and then driving them to school.
- Preparing children for the day.
- Playing games, sports, and other activities with the children.
- Doing the laundry, providing pet care, buying the grocery shopping and running errands.Light housekeeping duties.
- Preparing and cooking light, healthy meals.
- Doing fun and educational activities with the children.
- Bathing the children & getting them ready for bed.Keeping the children’s play, bedroom and general household areas clean and tidy.
- Picking up children from school.
- Washing their clothes.
- Helping them clean their rooms.
- Keeping an eye out for the children at all times.
- Supporting the daily routines of the family.
- Entertaining children with day to day home activities.
- Helping children with their homework.
- Keeping a nanny log and updating parents throughout the day.
- Cleaning up bottles and dishes, etc.
- Being a Role Model by setting a good example to the children.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Meal Preparation
- Homework Supervision
City Community School, Tucson, AZ (High School Diploma) (2007)
***This is only the nanny resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Featured image: Designed by Freepik