Here is a sample of freelance translator resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a translator, entry level translator, and linguist translator.
Freelance translation is a perfect job for anyone who knows more than one language. The requirement, usually, is to be fluent in both the languages: the source language and the target language. Freelance translation jobs pay quite well, but it is not exactly easy money. These jobs can be found anywhere from online translation agencies, to bulletin boards and even freelance portals. You can apply for them online and send your resume to as many job postings as you find, because one of them might just be the right one for you.
Your skills depend on the job. Writing in a foreign language is more difficult than reading in one. Even if you have a solid command of a foreign language, you may not have educated yourself to the extent that you can write it effortlessly, with all the colloquialisms and nuances of a native speaker. If that’s the case, stick to the jobs where you’re translating to English. Of course, if you can write in a foreign language as a foreigner can, go for it – you are a rare commodity!
These jobs are good for people who prefer to work from home especially for housewives who are unable to go to work because they have a family to look after, children to take care of, and a hundred of other domestic tasks. Through freelancing, housewives too can add a sizable amount to the household income without letting her family life suffer.
Key Skills should be Considered while Writing a Freelance Translator Resume
- Excellent writing skills in your native language.
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills in your source language(s).
- Cultural knowledge in both your target and source language(s).
- The ability to specialize in one or a few subject areas.
- Good computer and keyboarding skills.
- Self-motivation, organization and discipline.
- The scholastic ability to earn a degree or certification.
Freelance Translator Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
A multi-skilled, reliable & talented translator with a proven ability to translate written documents from a source language to a target language. An educated translator with result-driven and perfectionist who has been experienced working in the area of experience professionally for five years is looking for a position where my skills and experience can be used in their best ability.
- Article writing
- Advertising/Public Relation
ABC INC, NEW YORK, NY, USA (20xx – 20xx)
- Translate medical and nursing documents from English to Spanish.
- Create, revises and maintain more than written Spanish and French protocols and script for all center responses.
- Translate script for social media and other projects as needed.
- Manages and tracks translation, editing and proofreading processes.
- Maintain and manages a style guide and uniform vocabulary for Spanish & French publications that is consistently with client’s specifications.
- Translate Large article for a press conference from English to Spanish.
XYZ TUTOR, NEW YORK, NY, USA (0xx – 20xx)
- Arranged remedial classes for students needing catch-up in French.
- Prepared lesson plans for class FR101/102: Fundamental Academic French for Humanities and non-Humanities students.
- Provided feedback and recommendation to student and the instructions.
- Taught fundamental French to members and non-members.
Nuneaton University (20xx – 20xx)
BA (Hons) Translation Media, French & Spanish
REFERENCE – Available on request
***This is only the freelance translator resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?