Nanny Job Description Sample
Babies no doubt are a blessing as they just seem to send the message of peace in the storm most times. And of course, the night calls that tends to say even bliss has its times of shrill cries. But as it is, weeping only endures for a night, and the babies are back to full cute bliss mode. Why some may not be able to have babies of their own, the position of being a Nanny offers them not only the chance to make money, but also live in fulfillment of their wishes that could not come true. Nannies are experts when it comes to providing in-house care for children. They are employed by parents who due to prevailing circumstances, do not have enough time to take care of their children, to care for their children in the comfort of their own private home.
Furthermore, Nannies are often said to be more affordable for parents, as an alternative for enrolling the children into childcare centers, which does not guarantee a one on one effective provision of care for the children. Additionally, it is interesting to note that Nannies don’t just serve as professionals in their field but also go the extra mile in ensuring a one on one relationship with the children to effect positive mental, social, and emotional development.
What is required of a nanny is to make provisions for a safe, loving, and conducive environment for the development of the children.
Other general responsibilities attached to the position of a nanny include:
- Ensuring that children don’t engage in harmful playful activities. Though they may not know the implications of what they do, it is up to the nanny to ensure that harmful substances and utensils are taken out of the way of children.
- Planning and preparing meals for the children. A healthy blend of food to prevent them from giving in to the temptations of junk foods.
- Organizing and coordinating children activities to build them up physically, and socially. A blend of fun and education would aid in the development of their brain function.
Although not much can be said as to the salary of nannies, it is, however, most times on an hourly basis, but subject to agreement with the parents.
Here are a few skills you’ll need when it comes to working as a childcare worker:
- Having a passionate desire to take care of children, is the basic skill you’ll need, it would determine how far you’ll go, especially when the tantrums come in full capacity.
- Motherly patience and firmness with children when necessary, instilling the doctrine of contentment in them.
- Must be wise enough to deal with queer questions from children and assist them with their school homework.
- Must be capable of maintaining basic hygiene and handle domestic chores, thus serving as an example to the children
- Ability to perform simple tricks that would leave the children entertained, and also capable of communicating with the children, breaking down knowledge to their level.