Here is a sample of babysitter resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a child care, child care assistant, babysitting and nanny.
A babysitter is one who cares for people’s children in their various homes. For some people this term refers to caring for a child only for a few hours, while for others, it entails caring for children most hours of the day.
The job description of a babysitter entails performing certain menial housekeeping routines like scrubbing the floor after the baby must have spilled her juice.
The responsibilities of babysitting also vary from changing diapers, watching the sleeping child, preparing meals, and playing games. It is the duty of the babysitter to ensure the safety of the child as long as they are in her care, no matter the circumstance.
Babysitter Resume Sample and Required Skills
Babysitter Responsibilities Lists
- Bathe, dress and feed the kids
- Accompany the children to parks and outings
- Prepare healthy and hygienic meals for children
- Perform light housekeeping tasks and run errands as needed
- Maintain the house in a neat, tidy and organized manner
- Drive or walk the kids to school, pick them up and assist them in home work
- Inculcate values of hygiene and cleanliness among kids
- Train kids to become independent
- Provide CPR/first aid if needed
- Communicate with parents on daily basis regarding the child
- Keep records of daily activities and amount of food taken
- Entertain the children by playing with them and telling stories
- Demonstrate knowledge of making accurate formulas for infants
- Change diapers hygienically every 4 hours or when needed
- Resolve conflict between two children quickly
- Exhibit and demonstrate values of respect, dignity and empathy
- Teach the kids value of citizenship
- Get the kids ready for school and assist them in changing
- Rush the children to hospital in case of emergency and call parents immediately
Babysitter Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
Highly dependable and adaptable Babysitter with an exemplary record of parent and child satisfaction. Able to respond quickly and creatively to unusual or difficult child care situations. Flexible scheduling availability to include all days evenings and some weekends.
- Extensive breadth of child care experience
- Excellent proficiency in infant behavior and nutritional needs
- Strong multitasking ability for handling several children at one time
- High adaptability to a variety of household environments
- Exceptional maturity and patience in handling difficult situations and children
- Outstanding skills in performing first aid and CPR as needed.
- Behavior Management
- Attention to Detail
- Meal Preparation
- Night Wakening
- Emergency Handling
- Bathing and Grooming
- House Safety
- Hazards Prevention
- Diaper Changing
- Curriculum Implementation
- Hygiene Maintenance
AAA’s Family, Edmonton, AB (Jan 2015 – Present)
- Bathe and dress infants and toddlers.
- Change diapers and provide toilet training.
- Prepare formulas and bottle-feed infants.
- Prepare nutritious meals for children in keeping with employer’s instructions.
- Arrange activities, games and day trips to give amusement and exercise to kids.
- Take complete responsibility of children in the absence of parents.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks.
Star Babysitting Company, Calgary, AB (May 2012 – Jan 2014)
- Helped parents with meal preparation, laundry, washing dishes and running errands.
- Oversaw children’s homework and assignments.
- Assisted parents in child control and family management.
- Provided a fun and safe environment to children.
- Took care of pets and garden.
Westside High School Calgary, AB High School Diploma – 2006
***This is only the babysitter resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?