Here is a sample of software developer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume format can be also utilized for a software engineer.
Guide for You
Becoming a software developer, you’ll be playing a key role in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems. The programs you create are likely to help businesses be more efficient and provide a better service.
Based on your company’s particular requirements, you might be responsible for writing and coding individual programs or providing an entirely new software resource. The specifications you’ll work on will often come from IT analysts.
Software developers are employed across virtually all industry sectors, from finance and retail to engineering, transport and public organizations, so the projects you work on can be highly varied.
Sometimes you may also use ‘off the shelf’ software. Requiring you to modify and integrate this into an existing network to meet the needs of the business.
Skills Required for Software Developer
Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail are keys to success in software engineering. Also useful is the capacity to work well in groups and a willingness to understand the various roles played by fellow team members. Knowledge about the subject area in which they are working, or the intended audience, is valuable.
The key skills to play up when you’re looking for a job as a software developer are as follows:
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software
- Ability to use one or more development language (C++, PHP, HTML, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Eye for detail and identifying problems
- An understanding of business
- Analytical and commercial experience
Software Dеvеlореr Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Creative, highly organized candidate; expert in the design, development, and delivery of cost-effective, high-performance technology solutions. Extensive qualifications in all facets of project lifecycle development. Proven ability to integrate out-of-the-box thinking and problem-solving analysis to improve processes, systems, and methodologies.
- Project Management
- Personnel Training
- Project Budgeting
- System Maintenance
- Strategy Identification
- Software Support
- Quality Control
- Issue Resolution
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
- Design an inventory control system using Visual Basic 6.x, MS SQL Server, and ADO for a window blinds manufacturer.
- Develop a customer order system using Visual InterDev, ASP, VBScript, and MS SQL Server; allow customers to place orders or check the status of their existing orders.
- Conceptualize and create a database for customer orders and the inventory control system using DBArtisan.
- Add triggers and various constraints, including referential integrity and checks to maintain data integrity and apply business rules.
- Implement a sophisticated algorithm to find inventory according to customer order and minimize the wastage.
- Ensure quick response time by using stored procedures to create data reports.
- Produce a complex search engine to find the product according to the specified criteria utilizing Active-X controls such as ADO and DataGrid, widely used to populate the search results.
- Devise a sophisticated security system to deter unauthorized use of the application.
Bachelor of Science Computer Science, 2006
University of Ohio Ohio.
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the software developer resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.