Here is a sample of journalist reporter resume for getting hired – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a journalist, tv reporter, multimedia journalist, freelance journalist,and visual journalist.
Reporters are journalists who witness events, or research matter and present the gathered information as news/feature/article. Distinct from the aspect of production, the work of Reporters is primarily to gather information for awareness of the public on any matter of interest – from hard political news and current events to human interest stories.
Reporters are the media’s version of medical personnel – they have to be on call all times so long as a current edition has not gone to production. It is a high-stress job – odd hours, constant stress on deadlines that stories have to be filed before; constant interaction and meeting with people, gathering information and so on.
Nevertheless, may I remind that enterprising reporter to go up the ladder faster than the ones who give 100 stories and no important news.
Reporters generally are expected to spend half-half working hours in a Newsroom (office where reporters’ news materials are processed) and going out to witness events or interview people, as part of news-searching.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Journalist Reporter Resume
Based on job listings we looked at, employers want Reporters with these core skills. If you want to work as a Reporter, focus on the following.
- Strong writing skills, and ability to convey information in a clear, concise and conversational manner
- Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Ability to interact professionally and build relationships and sources
- Ability to shoot and edit digital video
- Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines
- Excellent understanding of Associated Press style
Journalist Reporter Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
A journalist in a creative, energetic and discerning environment. An atmosphere conducive to exploring, researching, reporting and communicating news and researched information in the best possible way utilizing acquired journalism skills.
- Community Journalism
- Multimedia Reporting
- News Writing
- Sports Writing
- Business Writing
- Feature Writing
- AP Style
- Columns/Op-Ed Pieces
- Proofreading / Editing
- Research & Fact-Checking
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
- Approve scripts, oversee editing, and speak with producers during live shots to ensure seamless broadcast.
- Coordinate annual regional conference resulting in greater cooperation among affiliates.
- Develop strong relationships with television news personnel at all levels.
- Gather information and report the daily news.
- Write several articles about local news.
- Assist on investigation projects about social problems.
- Attract a wide readership of more than 200,000 people.
- Take final decisions about content and design.
- Arrange interviews with important people.
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2007 – 2014)
- Researched on the required topics and gathered information on the diverse issues and happenings of the city.
- Responsible for the newspaper’s economy section; wrote numerous articles of approximately 1000 words each.
- Developed social blogs and contributed to the design of the newspaper’s website.
- Edited and proofread articles, reports, and stories.
- Prepared written content for headline news and for the editorial section.
- Gathered information through interviews, reporting and sources.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, 2005
University: American University, Washington, DC
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the journalist reporter resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Featured image: Designed by Freepik
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search