Here is a sample of professional photographer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a photography, creative photographer, commercial photographer, travel photographer, landscape photography, and photojournalist.
Photographers combine artistic talent and technical skill to produce professional photographs. To use their tools—cameras, lenses, and lights—they must be highly skilled technicians. To create meaningful photographs, they must be able to arrange whatever they are photographing so that it will stand out clearly in the finished picture. Photographers work at many different kinds of jobs. One photographer might make a career of taking pictures at weddings. Another might work in a laboratory taking scientific pictures through a microscope.
Photographers can display their work electronically by creating their own portfolios and placing them on their own Web page. Customers can order prints of a photographer’s work, which can easily be edited, enlarged, or cropped to a customer’s needs with the aid of computer software.
Photographers are employed in many businesses and have a variety of specialties. In general, photographers in technical work must have an understanding of their subject in order to be successful. Industrial photographers work for manufacturers. They travel to factories and take pictures of workers on the job and the products they are making. These photographs are used to improve the methods by which the products are made. The government employs many photographers to work on scientific and defense projects.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Photographer Resume
- Proficient in Photoshop CS6, Lightroom, and Photoshop Elements 9.
- Exceptional knowledge of digital photography and studio photography.
- Strong knowledge of flash photography equipment.
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Skill in archiving photos on a computer and server.
- Skill in photo shoots as a photographer in a studio setting, locations, and group settings.
Photographer Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
A highly talented Photographer with over 14 years of experience in providing specialized digital photographic and routine conventional assistance for the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Ohio University; profound technical expertise and creativity at producing and preserving images that paint a picture, tell a story and record an event.
- Knowledge of techniques, principles, and equipment of modern photography including still, motion, color and black and white photography.
- Knowledge of film properties, equipment, and optics and their suitability for generalized and specialized photography.
- Knowledge of still photography, film and video equipment capabilities
- Skill in both verbal and written communication
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
- Photograph 3-D objects, radiographs and reflected materials, specimens, clinical and scientific equipment, human and clinical subjects to produce Black & White and Color transparencies and prints.
- Use a digital camera; capture radiographs, faculty & resident portraits and public relations images for reproduction and slide presentations.
- Provide assistance for digital services including slide film recording, image manipulation and scanning, CD burning, and digital printing using a variety of software packages and computer hardware.
- Plan, schedule and execute all aspects of conventional photography including ‘on-location’ procedures and clinical shoots.
- Formulate and conduct proper testing protocols and sequencing to determine required results for new products or troubleshooting for existing methods.
- Monitor and assess color balance and make proper color correction adjustments for slides and various digital output devices.
- Perform routine file transfer tasks including image transfers from FTP servers and LAN networks. Perform some administrative tasks on departmental computer-based imaging systems.
- Monitor, check and error logs on backup systems and database server when needed.
- Maintain and perform basic repairs on photographic equipment. Maintain darkroom chemistry, photographic materials, and supply inventory.
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2007 – 2014)
- Worked with digital images on Mac-based systems including organizing, editing, toning, captioning, transmitting, etc.
- Archived digital images.
- Assisted the department’s photography Staff on photo shoots.
- Work with clients of photography services.
- Worked as a team with other campus departments.
Bachelor of Arts in Photography, 2005
University: American University, Washington, DC
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the photographer resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Featured image: Designed by Freepik
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search