Insurance Sales Agent Resume Sample and Required Skills
Insurance Sales Agent Resume Sample – An insurance sales agent meets with prospective customers and sells one or more types of insurance to them like life, property and casualty, health and long term care insurance. They help their client to choose plans that suits them; they explain various insurance policies to the customers in full details and help them make the right decisions.
They contact potential clients so as to expand their own customer base; they get information from clients about their financial resources and discuss the security on their finances, they analyse clients current insurance policy and help adjust if need be. They also help with policy renewals by maintaining records of their clients.
Insurance sales agents offer their clients approaching retirement a comprehensive financial-planning service such as estate planning, retirement planning and help in setting up pension plans for their businesses.
Insurance agents may work for a single insurance company or an insurance brokerage. Insurance agents who work for one insurance company can only sell policies provided by the company that employs them; such agents are called CAPTIVE AGENTS “Independent insurance agents” match insurance policies for their clients with the company that sells at the best rate and coverage; such agents work for insurance brokerages and sell the policies of different companies.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing An Insurance Sales Agent Resume
- Should be a good public speaker (it would help in marketing your policies)
- Should have good initiative
- Should be able to analyse in simple language
- Should have composure and self-confidence
- Should have educational qualifications in business administration, economics, finance etc.
- An agent should be licensed in the state where he/she works
- Good human relations
- Must have had a few years on-the-job training.
Insurance Sales Agent Resume Sample
000 South Court, Sacramento, CA 00000, Tel: (555) 555-555, Email: ………………..
More than eight years experience, combined with a Risk Management degree and 700+ hours of related continuing education. Recognized as the youngest Risk Management and Insurance Professional to earn the AMR-P, CRM, AIR and CIC designations. Outstanding communication skills and proven track record negotiating with claimants, attorneys, brokers and insurance carriers. Adept at loss analysis and forecasting, risk financing, claims administration and safety assessment. Handed more than 8,000 litigated and non-litigated claims. Analytical, thorough, ethical, driven and committed.
THE GOLD COLORADO SPRING – CO (2009 – Present)
Risk & Insurance Supervisor
- Research, purchase and implement RMIS claims administration program.
- Reduce open claim from nearly 1,200 in 1997 to 500 today.
- Decrease annual losses from $4.2 million to $1.2 million within a four-year period.
- Negotiate lower insurance premiums on several lines of coverage.
- Establish self-insured workers compensation Program within top 15% among peers.
- Automate claims check processing system that out handling time by 80%.
DOMINION, LOW & LAY – CO 2000 – 2009
Commercial Insurance Producer
- Coordinated insurance placement for small to large market commercial account.
- Conducted risk assessment, evaluated insurance program and recommended insurance coverage.
- Serviced and participate in development, underwriting and marketing.
- Fostered and maintained relationship with insurers and clients.
ROCKPORT COMMUNITY COLLEGE, ROCKPORT, MA
Bachelor of Art in Business Administration, May, 1999
REFERENCE – Available upon Request
***This is only the insurance sales agent resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search