Here is a sample of hostess resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a hostess.
The hostess is a personal representation of the service and overall hospitality of the staff of the restaurant. While guests are waiting to be seated or waiting for take-out orders to be ready, it is the job of the hostess to ensure that the guests are made comfortable and kept informed of the status of their orders or wait times. In some event, airline, restaurants, the hostess offers drinks to the guests’ who have to wait. The hostess is the first employee to interact with arriving guests as they entering the plane or arriving at the event/restaurant. It is the job of the hostess to greet arriving guests, welcome them into the establishment and direct them to their seat. The guests receive their first impression of the service of the restaurant by their exchange with the hostess.
As guests arrive, the hostess assesses the dining room and, if an accommodating table is available, escorts the guests to the dining room. In some restaurants, hostesses are also responsible for taking initial drink orders. Depending on individual restaurant policy, hostesses either fill the drink order or give the information to the responsible food server. Upon returning to the station, hostesses also make any necessary changes to the dining room occupancy chart.
The responsibilities of the hostess include monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables, estimating wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list, and ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting. The hostess is often responsible for answering the telephone, booking reservations and moving tables together to accommodate large parties.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Hostess Resume
- Outstanding ability delivering professional customer service.
- Outgoing and friendly personality and demeanor.
- Skilled Reservations scheduling.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the fine dining industry.
Hostess Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Experienced and professional Fine Dining Hostess with great knowledge and understanding of the high-end dining experience. Great skills at reservations scheduling and planning seating arrangements. Over ten years of Fine Dining Hostess experience in the top exclusive restaurants.
- Customer Service-Oriented
- Excellent ability to prioritize
- Professional and personable
- Organized and detailed-oriented
- Open table experience
- Skilled Reservations scheduling
- Conflict resolution
- Strong relationship builder
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment
- Maintain calculation aptitude
ABC FINE ITALIAN CUISINE, NEW CITYLAND (20xx – Present)
HOSTESS & TRAINER
- Manage in person and telephone guest inquiries, customer service requests and reservation bookings.
- Handled customer complaints with good listening skills and working with management.
- Develop rapport with clients and generate repeat business through friendly attitude and extensive cuisines knowledge.
- Spot VIP clients immediately and provide special treatment including preferred tables.
- Inquires about drinks order and provide information to wait staff.
- Take guest to their designated table, give information about specials, handle special request and provide waiter information.
- Train new hosts and hostess on service policies.
ABC FINE ITALIAN CUISINE, NEW CITYLAND (20xx – 20xx)
HOSTESS & TRAINER
- Seated guests with reservations immediately and guests without reservations as soon as seating was available.
- Prepared table for customer’s use, including rearrangement seating and table to accommodate large groups.
- Answered phone calls, booked reservations and resolved customer service issues.
- Scheduled all reservations and planned seating arrangements with management prior to dinner service.
- Assisted waiter and bartenders with special request and guest inquiries.
- Maintained tact and diplomacy and friendliness in a fast-paced environment.
ROCKPORT COMMUNITY COLLEGE, ROCKPORT, MA (20xx – 20xx)
Bachelor of Art in Interdisciplinary Studies
REFERENCE – Available upon Request
***This is only the Hostess resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Professional Hostess Job Description Sample
- Best Sample Job Descriptions by 20 Industries
- Top 17 Resume Examples for Hospitality Industry