Here is a sample of waiter resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a waiter, restaurant, and food service.
Waiter is an essential staff in any restaurant, even more so for medium- to large-sized ones. He is in charge of meeting and greeting the customers, suggesting food selection, taking and serving meal orders, and delivering and accepting payments. Other than food-related tasks, they are also responsible for other aspects of a restaurant’s daily operations. With all these duties, it can be quite difficult to focus on which task to be done first. Key components in any successful business operation is coordination, and restaurants are no exception. Having a systematic way of designating tasks can prevent consumer complaint. Waiters can perform their tasks more efficiently if they are aware of what the kitchen and cashier staffs, for instance, are doing. Restaurant owners provide a solution to this problem by using a device that could alert and/or notify waiters of their tasks. These devices make up what is known as waiter paging systems.
Paging allows the restaurant staff to do their everyday tasks and, at the same time, be ready for additional workload required by the establishment. This includes information about incoming guests, seating arrangements, reservations, and many others. Through a set of networked pagers, waiters and managers alike can ensure that everything is running accordingly. This makes for a more effective guest and employee management. A far more convenient way to coordinate the restaurant’s workflow is through the use of a waiter paging system. Such a system has gained immense popularity among restaurant owners in recent years. As the name suggests, waiter paging involves a device that allows the kitchen, cashier, and serving staffs communicate with each other. Through these little waiter beepers, managers can also silently assign waiters of their tasks more efficiently.
Waiter paging systems offer a number of advantages to restaurant owners. First, waiters do not have to run back and forth to the kitchen to check if the order is done. They can then stay in the dining area and attend to the needs of their customers and only go back to the kitchen when paged. Such paging systems also allow restaurant owners to run their businesses without excessive staff members.
Skills Required for Waiter
- Good personal presentation skills.
- To be friendly, polite and helpful.
- To be patient and diplomatic when dealing with complaints.
- Flexibility and reliability, with a willingness to work weekends and evenings.
- Stamina and efficiency.
- Good memory.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team.
Waiter Resume Example
[Address and Contact Info]
Waiter Bartender, who takes order, serves meals, prepare and provide alcohol and non-alcohol drinks to customers. Skilled at working in the public and standardized bars, restaurant and nightclubs.
- ABC State Certified bartender
- Certified food handling and safety
- Customer trained
- People oriented
ABC BAR AND GRILL, NEW PARKLAND, CA (20xx – Present)
- Develop process to efficiently deliver food to tables, which was later implemented by management.
- Order, prepare and serve alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks to bar customers.
- Order and provide casual American style to patrons seated at the bar.
- Coordinate activities of dining room personnel to provide fast and courteous service.
- Provide menus and detail information to residents in regards to special dishes and drinks.
- Open and close pub area depending on shift.
- Present menus take and serve food and drink order to 100 seated restaurants.
ABC BAR AND GRILL, NEW PARKLAND, CA (20xx – 20xx)
- Provided excellent dining and customer service to seniors in the upscale retirement community.
- Greeted seniors and escorted them to their tables, always serves them with courtesy, patient and a smile.
- Contributed to a fun and positive atmosphere.
- Processed order for customer accurately and within “service” times.
- Planned and stocked bar proc=duct on a weekly basis.
- Handled food substitutions and special requests efficiently and calculated customers bills accurately.
XYZ COMMUNITY COLLEGE, NEW PARKLAND, (20xx – 20xx)
CA Associate of Applied Science, Food and Hotel Management
REFERENCE – Available on Request
***This is only the waiter resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Free Waiter Job Description Sample
- Waitress Job Description Sample
- Mcdonald’s Worker Job Description Sample
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search