Healthcare Administrator Job Description – Healthcare administrators guide, direct, and coordinate medical services. See more.
Healthcare administrators guide, direct, and coordinate medical services in a variety of environments, from clinics and hospitals to practices run by medical groups. As the person in charge of a health institution, the duties of the healthcare administrators can be varied and complex. Handling these responsibilities requires a combination of business management skills and knowledge of medical services, as well as industry regulation.
Generally, healthcare administrators try to reduce costs and increase efficiency while providing the best possible healthcare services. They have to follow the evolution of federal and state laws governing medical care.
Depending on the type of facility, healthcare administrators can supervise medical records and billing functions and create a work schedule for department heads and other staff members.
Healthcare Administrator Job Description Sample
Healthcare Administrator Job Description – Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Hire and train administrative staff
- Track and evaluate staff performance
- Schedule employees according to operational requirements
- oversee payroll
- Establish office policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor office policies and procedures
- Manage insurance contracts and ensure compliance with the agreement
- Responsible for cleaning, hygiene, security and maintenance of facilities
- Control the disposal of medical waste in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance with current health standards, medical laws and ethics
- Monitor equipment and devices and manage inventory
- Contacting the vendor for equipment supplies
- Making sure the records of patients are up to date and accurate
- Supervising patient scheduling
- Handling the registration of patients
- Supervising medical coding, medical billing and banking
- Provide educational material to patients
- Communicating with patients on issues and complaints
- Ensuring patient satisfaction
Healthcare Administrator Job Description – Education And Experience
- A graduate of Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree in a closely related field preferred
- Certified Medical Manager (CMM) or Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) is an advantage
- Good knowledge of accounting, data and administrative processes and methods
- Good knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource management
- Good knowledge of medical coding
- Good knowledge of medical problems and terminology
- Good knowledge of applicable regulations and state and federal laws
- Computer skills, including knowledge of relevant software
- Ability to plan and organize
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Orientation towards customer service
- Problem-solving skills
- Stress tolerance
Healthcare Administrator Job Description
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search